Charge card collection

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaconzies

I've been driving my Spark for about 7 months now and I've racked up a pretty sizeable collection of charging cards (the nfc linked cards that activate and unlock terminals).
Chargepoint is my most used card by far as that's the one I use at school I received one chargepoint card from my chevy dealer that has a photo of the spark and I keep that on the keyring but I've also used the nrg once and the greenlots a couple times at fast charging stations. I got my Blink a while back but have yet to use that one. I don't really like the blink because it just feels too big, compared to the other tabs it's just overkill. The cushion feel of the greenlots was nice but it costs $5 to order one! I got it because sometimes the app won't work but the card will.

So what's your collection like? Which one is your favorite and least favorite?
IMG_20141217_123514808.jpg

My collection is pretty ridiculous:
Sema Charge
Charge Point (Chevy Spark)
Charge Point (BMW i3, wanted to get free charging)
NRG eVgo
Blink

Then I use the greenlots app for some stuff. Driving up through Oregon, it would have been nice to have the Aerovironment card, but I just called in each time instead.

Sema charge is my favorite, they typically charge by kWh (which should be the standard), their chargers are compact (so as to make it seem like EV charging stations are inexpensive and not cumbersome).

Blink is probably the worst, stations are the most unreliable, flat fee charging system doesn't make sense, stations are too large and I have the toughest time scanning my card. A close second for worst is are the NRG Terra 53 quick charge stations, which I have had many difficulties getting to work (although they get a pass since these stations are so new).

16160199471_a66dc3b119_c.jpg

My collection of his and hers charge cards (duplicates are stacked). I can hardly wait for them to drop the stupid membership RFID cards and go to NFC.

You can see that the Portland charge infrastructure has different service providers than you CA dudes. I've used AeroVironment a bunch but never got a card.

Bryce

All I've got are:
- 2 Chargepoint cards
- 1 Blink - never used it. Rates are a ripoff.

I guess if I want to be more complete, I need an NRG eVgo, Greenlots (maybe?) and SemaConnect? I've never used any of those 3 stations. There is a SemaConnect L2 somewhat nearby but it's a ripoff and supposedly unreliable too. No point in going there instead of charging for free a few miles away (8 free public L2s + a few at car dealers, including a Nissan one). NRG eVgo is also too expensive: http://www.nrgevgo.com/san-francisco-bay-area/.

I only have a Chargepoint card, and I lost it a long time ago! I use my phone to activate the charging station via the chargepoint app. In reality, I've used public charging only a handful of times in the past three years, and those weren't really because I had to, but just because I could. I charge overnight at home.

Back