Ambitious Spark is power hungry

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever gotten this error message?

• YES, it's happened to me too!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, how bizarre.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chaconzies

IMG_20150503_195235018_HDR.jpg

Has anyone had this problem!?

I went to two fast charging stations (ABB Terra model) in Cerritos to try and get a quick charge because I was really low (18 miles) and after intially starting fine, about 10 seconds into the ramp up at around 35Kw it stopped and I get that above error message and the car says fast charging stopped.
I tried starting it again twice at this unit at Kia Cerritos but had no luck so I went across the street to the NRG EVgo one at the mall but still had the same issue.

It's currently charging fine at my level 2 at home...

What's really strange is that I charged fine yesterday night without an issue at that Kia one and at an NRG one in Corona (I had a lot of driving this weekend)

So, has anyone else seen this message? Also, has anyone tried to quickcharge with less than 20 miles on their battery?

Yes, I had the exact same issue occur to me this past weekend in Pt. Reyes Station. After about a dozen attempts I got one 4 minute charge. I ended up being forced to use the level 2 charger for an hour or two in order to get to a NRG station about 30 miles away. That worked after awhile, but took 3 attempts to sync up and get going.

Overall I'm 2 for 4 with CCS charging stations. The ones that did work took multiple tries to get started. I'm not sure if the problem is with the CCS stations or the Spark, but it's very frustrating to not be able to count on these stations since if I'm using a CCS station I'm typically in a position where I really need it to work!

Perhaps this Chevy service bulletin could help?

PI1382

http://vitalysmobileautodiagnostics.com/6504/intermittent-unable-to-charge-from-dc-fast-charge-2014-2015-chevrolet-spark-ev

Back