fox

Re: God forsaken 8 amp default

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:09 pm

they could have been efficient about it and put the f'ing switch on the outlet under the outlet cover, nope, start car with key first, wait for slow as mylink, then push like 5 buttons, it doesn't make sense, not one bit, not no sense, no sense, nope, just like this sentence that runs on and on, pointless!

Sparkler

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:55 am

You could always do what I did: Trade in the Spark for a Bolt!
Location charging that knows when you are home and allows you to set 12A as default for home...

Or better yet, get a 240V EVSE and never have to deal with the menu again.
2014 1LT Electric Blue with Fast Charging
Replaced 4-14-17 with Arctic Blue Bolt EV BoltaDrome
https://www.voltstats.net/BoltEV/Stats/Details/9509

NORTON

Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:44 am

Sparkler wrote:You could always do what I did: Trade in the Spark for a Bolt!
Congrats on the Bolt ! I'm right behind you,, someday.
Looked at your stats: Looks like you had an active weekend, so far, and did "225 miles in one day" !
That would be so much work with a Spark EV, but could be done... :?

I kind of hate to spread this word but, the stock L1 can run on a 240V input at 12A/240V = 2.8kW rate, less than what it is capable on a proper L2 = 3.3kW.
All you need is an illegal/unsafe adapter cable to take any 240V outlet to a 120V outlet. Label the hell out of this thing if you go that route. I mean Big Red Skull and Cross Bones.
You don't want any guest/wife to plug a vacuum cleaner, or whatever, into this adapted dangerous outlet.
You didn't read about it here.....
Used '14 2LT w/ DCFC. +85k miles.
Mostly free charging! Only one LONG visit to the shop....
GM needs Modern Troubleshooting tools for Modern EV's.
3 step Trouble Tree, 1st try car died again, 2nd try / cost $800. 3rd try fixed the problem.

67goat

Mon May 01, 2017 12:39 pm

NORTON wrote:
Sparkler wrote:You could always do what I did: Trade in the Spark for a Bolt!
Congrats on the Bolt ! I'm right behind you,, someday.
Looked at your stats: Looks like you had an active weekend, so far, and did "225 miles in one day" !
That would be so much work with a Spark EV, but could be done... :?
Not saying it is easy, but I do that at least twice a month without much difficulty at all in my SparkEV. It is hard to do in the valley, but when I go to the Bay Area, it is easier (since it is littered with DCFC stations).

NORTON

Tue May 02, 2017 5:26 am

67goat wrote:
NORTON wrote:... and did "225 miles in one day" ! ...
Not saying it is easy, but I do that at least twice a month without much difficulty at all in my SparkEV. It is hard to do in the valley, but when I go to the Bay Area, it is easier (since it is littered with DCFC stations).
Sounds like the KC metro area! :lol:
Now if they would only install a DCFC unit in this one mid-size town, I could do the 135 mile Lake House run to the Lake of the Ozarks. I'd be living with the Spark EV a lot longer with that one charge option!

How do you approach a distant city about your desire for the Clean Energy Future?
Used '14 2LT w/ DCFC. +85k miles.
Mostly free charging! Only one LONG visit to the shop....
GM needs Modern Troubleshooting tools for Modern EV's.
3 step Trouble Tree, 1st try car died again, 2nd try / cost $800. 3rd try fixed the problem.

67goat

Wed May 03, 2017 8:58 am

In California, you almost don't have to. There is already a plan in place and grant money available to cities. I say almost, because even though there is a plan and funds, it has been pretty slow to happen in certain areas. There are lots of places it would be easier for me to go if there were just a few more strategically placed stations.

Maybe find a state EV owner's group and get some petitions signed and submit them to the mayor's office and the local business association. If they see there might be more traffic in town, and thus more spending, they may be more interested.

Return to “Batteries and Charging”