Which battery is better? 2014 or 2015-16?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSW

Ok, so with the differences between the batteries (size, form, cooling systems, chemistry, manufacturer, degradation rate, voltage)... which battery is better?? Please include your reason with your opinion.

As for me, I would have to assume the 2015-16 is better. Better chemistry, lower degradation, longer known history as it is the same battery as the Volt uses.......

negatives? it has a more complicated cooling system (which works better, but more potential leak points), it has less capacity.

CSW said:
Ok, so with the differences between the batteries (size, form, cooling systems, chemistry, manufacturer, degradation rate, voltage)... which battery is better?? Please include your reason with your opinion.

As for me, I would have to assume the 2015-16 is better. Better chemistry, lower degradation, longer known history as it is the same battery as the Volt uses.......

negatives? it has a more complicated cooling system (which works better, but more potential leak points), it has less capacity.
In hot-ridding the premise that there is no replacement for displacement comes to mind. A larger capacity battery will not be taxed as badly as a smaller one. My bet is on the A123 unit in the 2014 model. I bought a 2014 for just that reason. Time will tell.

Back