Fully charged but 28 degrees?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planerench

Any worry about fully charging but unplugging in cold weather? I had to move the car for parking lot maintenance right after topping off. Battery conditioning ran on the way home but I didn’t see any issues.

The securing latch on our 2013 Volt EVSE broke off in single digit temperatures. Turned out to be a feature for me :D Only other issue experienced in four years of plug in driving was ice (frozen h2o that is) making EVSE a chore to remove. Never experienced battery or charging faults of any kind in 2013 Volt, 2014 Volt or either of two 2015 SparkEV due to weather.

Joe M in WV

Planerench said:
Any worry about fully charging but unplugging in cold weather? ... Battery conditioning ran on the way home but I didn’t see any issues.
I would think as long as you are not flogging it while the pack is still cold it should be fine. What else can you do?
I've seen something similar where the battery conditioning displayed up to 4% while commuting home and then stopped using power for warming the battery pack once the pack was happy.

Be glad you don't have a Leaf.

NORTON said:
Planerench said:
Any worry about fully charging but unplugging in cold weather? ... Battery conditioning ran on the way home but I didn’t see any issues.
I would think as long as you are not flogging it while the pack is still cold it should be fine. What else can you do?
I've seen something similar where the battery conditioning displayed up to 4% while commuting home and then stopped using power for warming the battery pack once the pack was happy.

Be glad you don't have a Leaf.
Idaho power has a bunch of Leafs they drive around town. They are all graphiced up with advertising for the power company. I cringe when I see them. So hideous!

Back