Battery Swap

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxvamp

I have a 2014 Spark, and I love it. I put a LOT of miles on it.

In the next couple years, it will likely need a new battery. I noticed that the 2013-2014 battery is still about $20k, but the 2015-2016 battery is now about $4.5k ( and dropping ) . I am wondering if it would be possible to put a 2015 battery in a 2014, and what else would need to be changed, or re-programmed? It seems with the LG cells, the 2015 and 2016 sparks will have no reason not to run forever....

Anyone know if the packs could be swapped?

- Max

maxvamp said:
I have a 2014 Spark, .. In the next couple years, it will likely need a new battery. I noticed that the 2013-2014 battery is still about $20k, but the 2015-2016 battery is now about $4.5k ( and dropping ) . I am wondering if it would be possible to put a 2015 battery in a 2014, and what else would need to be changed, or re-programmed? It seems with the LG cells, the 2015 and 2016 sparks will have no reason not to run forever....
Anyone know if the packs could be swapped?
- Max
When do you decide it 'needs a new battery'?

But I'm with you on this future possible swap! Only what makes you think LG cells are immune to degradation?

And where are you seeing that replacement main batteries for the 2015-2016 Spark EVs are now $4.5k?

Direct from Chevy? Do you have a part number? And a link to a place on the web to check pricing?

Thx.

Back