Out of energy. Charge vehicle now! Funny happenings on the way to the abyss.

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLondonBroiler

After some spirited discussion on YouTube in the comments section (my user name is also strangely, thelondonbroiler (created before it became a term for bizarre sexual act...I hope)), I decided that I was going to dive deep into the Spark battery. I arrived home from work around 2am, ~30°F outside, with battery @ 5% (via TP (torque pro)). Heat no longer works at this point, hvac will blow ambient air (cold, very cold in this case). Cell voltages are still pretty even. Took an hour of less than 1kw draw to get down to <1% ((again via TP) lowest I have ever been previously is 4% and change).

Observations:
-At low SOC voltages start wandering around (to be expected), whereas voltages are generally within .01V at higher SOC, @ 1% SOC there was a .2V difference between the highest and lowest cell (~2.9C & ~2.7V).
-Spark is still capable of driving at 1% (not sure at what speed). This renders my previous pants soiling worries at 4% unfounded.
-The thing I enjoyed most was the "new to me" warning, "Out of energy. Charge vehicle now!" This would appear to me to be turtle mode (after GOM reading LOW).
f5NKad2.png

Back