High Voltage System failure

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nico1913

I have a 2015 Chevy spark bought it with 6k miles it now has 15k miles for a little under 10k.. 9400.00$. I love my car and drive it daily everywhere, but 2 weeks ago after all day driving with the air conditioner on I got home around 3PM and had 38 miles of range left so I plugged into my level 2 charger, set the car on 12 amps and went to take a nap
I woke up at 8PM went to leave my house and the dash said 3 miles range, even though the green bars were full. I cut the car off and on then the message fault said unable to charge, so I used the factory charger and got HIGH VOLTAGE SYSTEM FAILURE SEE DEALER car has been gone 2 weeks and the dealership had to order a special tool to get to my batteries, oh also GM corporate has gotten involved. In the meantime I'm stuck in a 2019 trax "gas car"
Anyone had this problem?

UPDATE..

Got the sparkster back with a brand new battery. The car took a retro kit to fit the new style battery,so the only downfall is I have to condition the battery back to full range, I'm getting 62 on full charge and it's 100° plus here. I hope to be back over 85 sooner than later.

Back