Erratic Charging on 240V

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tootallpilot

Hi everyone I was wanting to see if any one else has had this happen to them when using Level 2 Charging. My Spark is a 2016 with 47000 miles W/O CCS, we just picked it up for the dealer after they finished some service for us that we wanted to have done before buying, as some touch-up paint and light stuff like that. but anyways. We had to stop and charge for 2 hours to make sure we would make it home. We used a Level 2 charger at a local library.

On the Chargepoint app we were seeing charging spikes going from 0.50 amp to 12 amps for 2-3 min then going back down to 0.50 amp over 30 min.
9TnMWK9

https://imgur.com/9TnMWK9

I will be looking to see if my home charger dose the same tonight. If any of you have any charging reports i would love to see that data

Thanks
Mark

Those aren't Amps. It's displaying kW. (Volts times Amps)
And there is no way the car was taking a charge rate like that.

The Spark EV's on board charger only takes 3.3kW from a 240V source.
The graph should be a flat 3.3kW with a tapering down at the end of the charge.

I suspect that particular L2 has a problem with what it reports for energy usage.
If that reported kWh total was actually sent to the car, I'd ignore that as a ChargePoint station issue.
You could report it,,, but whatdaya want for FREE? :lol:

(You know how some people used to say "My car runs best on Brand X Gasoline."? My Spark EV runs best on Free Electrons ! I'm certain of this!) :cool:

You won't be able to watch this on your home L2 unless you have some sort of wifi reporting system built into it.

Welcome to the gang!
You won't be sorry.
It really is a cool sleeper EV Hot Rod!

NORTON said:
Those aren't Amps. It's displaying kW. (Volts times Amps)
And there is no way the car was taking a charge rate like that.

The Spark EV's on board charger only takes 3.3kW from a 240V source.
The graph should be a flat 3.3kW with a tapering down at the end of the charge.

I suspect that particular L2 has a problem with what it reports for energy usage.
If that reported kWh total was actually sent to the car, I'd ignore that as a ChargePoint station issue.
You could report it,,, but whatdaya want for FREE? :lol:

(You know how some people used to say "My car runs best on Brand X Gasoline."? My Spark EV runs best on Free Electrons ! I'm certain of this!) :cool:

You won't be able to watch this on your home L2 unless you have some sort of wifi reporting system built into it.

Welcome to the gang!
You won't be sorry.
It really is a cool sleeper EV Hot Rod!

Yes I have a ChargePoint Flex at home which dose give me reports on charging, my other EV has not had any issues like that. And of course at the time of writing this my home charger is not connecting to the wifi. So no data for me today.

And yes "FREE" is always best

I may go back to the charger and try again, just FYI is not a ChargePoint charger it one by Greenlots and is just on the ChargePoint network.
I just wanted to make sure it was not a battery cooling issue that I would need to take back to the dealer to have serviced

Now to install the Backup Camera thanks to the best forum

Back