Unable to charge, error code P1EE6

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikwax

I’m unable to charge either via my level 2 or the 120 volt EVSE. I called OnStar for a diagnostic, and they reported the P1EE6 code. I have an appointment with the dealer next week.

Wondering if anyone has experienced this issue, and what I might expect at the dealer? Am I going to have to pay for repairs, or is the charging system under a warranty?

Good luck at the dealership.
It should be part of the Voltec warranty. You can't use the Power Train if you can't charge it.

Something you might try if you're handy with a 10mm wrench or socket is, disconnect the Negative 12V battery terminal under the hood.
Don't touch what's' under the Red cover.
Don't have the EVSE plugged in to the car.
It's sort of a Hard Reboot of the system. Leave it disconnected for a minute or so.

NORTON said:
Something you might try if you're handy with a 10mm wrench or socket is, disconnect the Negative 12V battery terminal under the hood.
Don't touch what's' under the Red cover.
Don't have the EVSE plugged in to the car.
It's sort of a Hard Reboot of the system. Leave it disconnected for a minute or so.
Boy, was this post timely. Sunday I found my Spark would not charge. The light on the dash turned yellow, as usual, but then off. The Zencar charger (120V) indicated a fault. I do not have an error code. Just now I disconnected and reconnected the 12V battery and I'm back in business.

Dealer called today, their diagnosis is to replace the battery charger and charger receptacle. That's all covered under warranty.

When I get the car back next week, I''l check in with the final parts tally.

Got the car back yesterday. The service order says:

Verified code P1EE6 set cleared and code returned, performed service diagnostics removed the front fascia. Found the charge port fuses open, service info states if the receptacle is open replace charger and receptacle.

Replaced the hybrid charger and charge receptacle, filled with coolant and synchronized the system. Cleared codes and started charging.

Parts:
24278342 Receptacle
12378390 Coolant
24276660 Charger

All covered by warranty.

Back