scotte

Re: Owner's Spark registers 127 miles of range

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:39 am

Nice, and confirms my experience that regen on this car is very, very good.

TonyWilliams

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:22 am

If I showed you a Nissan LEAF with 165 miles of range, what would that mean?
Contrary to many folks here, I do NOT own a LEAF.

drivefast

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:14 am

nothing, really. my spark regularly shows around 145 after i leave from home and go downhill for about 10mi. this happens daily. what if i show you a 166mi of range?

TonyWilliams

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:55 am

drivefast wrote:nothing, really. my spark regularly shows around 145 after i leave from home and go downhill for about 10mi. this happens daily. what if i show you a 166mi of range?
Heck, I got 207 miles once. I must have the most efficient car on the planet.

Any of the "Guess O Meters" (GOM) that start add miles to go down hills, and vice versa, don't tell me anything at all.

It specifically does NOT indicate that the "regen is really good".

scotte

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:07 pm

TonyWilliams wrote:It specifically does NOT indicate that the "regen is really good".
You obviously aren't very familiar with the Spark with this comment. The regen on this car, in fact, is quite excellent. You see, regen charges the battery (really, that's what it does!), and when the battery gets charged, the car gets further range! Amazing math, huh?

TonyWilliams

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:18 pm

scotte wrote:
TonyWilliams wrote:It specifically does NOT indicate that the "regen is really good".
You obviously aren't very familiar with the Spark with this comment. The regen on this car, in fact, is quite excellent. You see, regen charges the battery (really, that's what it does!), and when the battery gets charged, the car gets further range! Amazing math, huh?
Funny, but actually I do have a wee bit of experience with electric cars. No, the GOM/DTE showing a big number doesn't mean "good regen".

The car could have NO regen (coasting in neutral) and go down a long hill and the GOM/DTE would likely show a really big number.

lalacurf121

Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:54 pm

momentum you won't decelerate rapidly enough to trigger the light?

royal1688

SparkE

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:56 am

scotte wrote:
I find it hilarious when a 'snarky' comment shows how little the 'snarker' understands...

Also, this quote in the 'article' : "I just rolled down the windows instead of using the air conditioning just to be safe" shows the author doesn't understand that driving with the windows down on the freeway actually *raises* the Cx and uses more power. (It would have been better to use the 'vent' to allow outside air in instead of lowering the windows.)

sTeeve

Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:56 am

scotte wrote:

Dude, I'd quit whilst you're ahead.
2014 Spark EV

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”