CA HOV sticker placement photos

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snail3

Can anyone post photos on how they put the on the HOV sticker? some people said the the area behind the wheel is too small and sticker needs to be tilted or wrapped around the corner a bit. I haven't received my plate yet but just curious if anyone can show how they placed theses stickers.

I can only find theses photos from MotorTrend:

http://wot.motortrend.com/2014-chevrolet-spark-ev-priced-at-27495-with-199month-lease-370231.html/2014-chevrolet-spark-ev-right-rear-hov-stickers-1/

dlab.jpg

7eyg.jpg

They didn't put it behind the wheel exactly buy seems like a good position to keep the sticker horizontally aligned.

Well first off, the photos are wrong because they who two large ones on the rear passenger side but DMV instructions say to put the big ones on right and left back of the car a the ottos one facing rear. I wrapped my large stickers around the corners of he back bumper and put the small one near the bottom right of the back bumper.

Electricbowtie said:
put the small one near the bottom right of the back bumper.
Yup. That's right. Gotta read them directions!

Now the cops will get ya! :shock:

Bumping for interest. I have placed the small one on the back bumper next to the little tow hook knock out panel, but haven't placed the large ones yet since they don't fit where the directions say to put them. ( I don't actually plan to use them as my commute has no hov lanes, but put it on anyway, just in case, and to identify the car as an ev)

Here's a look at my HOV stickers, I followed the DMV instructions as close as possible but with the way the rear wheels are pushed out so close to the rear end, there is not a lot of space for the large stickers. But no matter where they are placed they don't look so good, oh well... ;)

SparkHOV_zpsc48fb67a.jpg

I put my small sticker under the spark sign in the rear hatch door, totally disreguarded the dmv suggestion. I dont use the carpool at all so i figure i can get away with it for the few times i might use it.

Looks alot better there and i have not used the big stickers at all, they are in the glove box.

got my stickers yesterday! Bought on 4/26, mailed in application when I got the plates. About a month and a half purchase to stickers.

Here's my placement thinking. I fear the minor fender bender that requires replacing/repainting the bumper skin, so I put the side stickers on the quarter panel, and the rear sticker on the trunk lid. Now a minor fender bender that requires painting of the bumper won't affect the stickers.

20150611_093015.jpg

I only put the small one on the back to the bumper on the right side....... the big ones stuck to the car look
terrible. The car is so tiny you really don't need the side ones. Technically illegal? yes, but I will live like an outlaw I guess.

ExtensionCord said:
got my stickers yesterday! Bought on 4/26, mailed in application when I got the plates. About a month and a half purchase to stickers.

Here's my placement thinking. I fear the minor fender bender that requires replacing/repainting the bumper skin, so I put the side stickers on the quarter panel, and the rear sticker on the trunk lid. Now a minor fender bender that requires painting of the bumper won't affect the stickers.

20150611_093015.jpg

To play devils advocate, if you have a bumper resprayed in an accident they may need to blend into the adjacent panels anyhow which wouldnt work with the stickers placed there. The only reason I mention it is I recently had my Spark in for some body work following an accident and they had to remove the bumper stickers even though the damage was on the rear door and fender. Replacement stickers are only $8 anyhow it's just the waiting game for the new ones that sucks.

ExtensionCord said:

20150611_093015.jpg

This is the correct way.

If everyone else read the DMV instructions, it specifies that the side sticker should be on the quarter panel (as seen above) which the part of the body of the car from fender to rear door (and in this case to roof). The Spark has a HUGE bumper cover which means the sticker is "high" on the car to still be on the quarter panel.

I'm guessing the reason for this is so that if for some reason the bumper cover gets ripped off, you only lose the ONE REAR STICKER AND NOT ALL THREE.

suparukuibi said:
ExtensionCord said:
This is the correct way.

If everyone else read the DMV instructions, it specifies that the side sticker should be on the quarter panel (as seen above) which the part of the body of the car from fender to rear door (and in this case to roof). The Spark has a HUGE bumper cover which means the sticker is "high" on the car to still be on the quarter panel.

I'm guessing the reason for this is so that if for some reason the bumper cover gets ripped off, you only lose the ONE REAR STICKER AND NOT ALL THREE.

Large Decals-
Place on the rear quarter panels, one on each side of the vehicle, BEHIND THE WHEEL WELLS, with the state seal pointed up on the bottom of the decal. That placement may be on the quarter panel, but it clearly states that is has to be behind the WHEEL WELLS

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/decal

ExtensionCord said:

20150611_093015.jpg

1+ to this configuration. Understand I can get slapped with an improper placement (for the rear at least, not sure about the sides) but I think it looks much better + I like the idea of not having any on my bumper... Curious if anybody has been pulled over for improper placement?

e76xHqX.jpg

Back