Flat tire - flaw with having no spare

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markcmann

Driving my son to hockey practice this morning and when getting off the freeway I started to hear a clunking noise but was not losing tire pressure. Once I pulled into the parking lot, I realized that I ran over some giant piece of metal which was sticking right out from the middle of the tread of the rear driver side tire. This is the downside of not having a spare in the car as the onboard compresser / tire sealer does nothing in this situation.

I called AAA to have them tow me to the nearest tire center and hopefully I can either get the tire repaired or worst-case have to buy a new tire... :cry:

snail3 said:
bad news :cry: were they able to repair the tire?
Unfortunately no as the object in the tire turned out to be a BULLET! :shock:

null_zps1716d793.jpg

The worst part is that the OEM tires that come on the car (Bridgestone Ecopia EP150 / 195/55R15 85T) are not even available anywhere in Southern California (not even on tirerack.com) so I ended up having to replace both rear tires with a same sized Goodyear Eagle Sport tire (GM better not give me any problems with the lease turn in with different brand rear tires on the car since the OEM tires are not available).

So if anyone is interested in buying an almost new (4700 miles) Bridgestone Ecopia EP150 / 195/55R15 85T rear passenger tire (NOT the one with a bullet hole, but the good one), send me a PM.

null_zps528a3483.jpg

null_zps6d4f5f8e.jpg

... I ended up having to replace both rear tires with a same sized Goodyear Eagle Sport tire

How are these doing for you? Notice any difference in handling or grip?

I am disappointed with the stock tires :cry: . I know Chevy was probably more interested in range issues over handling and thus went with the Bridgestones. Am just wondering if it's worthwhile to upgrade. 400lbs of torque deserves to be used properly!

Save the tire for now. You may need to put it back before returning your Lease if the Goodyears are very worn out by then..

I have a set of oem take offs with less than that I purchased from nikwax. When it comes time to return your lease - ping me as I probably will only need the fronts - I have a 15k mile per year lease... FYI - the rear tires will last forever....

jeff

Back