I'm Amazed What This Car Will Hold

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsca72

I'm so pleased with how much this car can carry. For Thanksgiving we had to take a card table and 6 folding chairs with us to help with seating at our family gathering. The table and chairs fit flat in the back of the Spark with plenty of space for more. We didn't have to remove the back seat headrests to put the seats down; we just raised them a bit. Plus my husband and I didn't have to push the front seats forward to accommodate the backseats being down.

jsca72 Always good to hear positive practical experience along with any those not so positive since a spark is in my future.
_________kenn_________________________________________________________________________________
jsca72
Post subject: I'm Amazed What This Car Will Hold
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm so pleased with how much this car can carry. For Thanksgiving we had to take a card table and 6 folding chairs with us to help with seating at our family gathering. The table and chairs fit flat in the back of the Spark with plenty of space for more. We didn't have to remove the back seat headrests to put the seats down; we just raised them a bit. Plus my husband and I didn't have to push the front seats forward to accommodate the backseats being down.

Report this post

I totally agree. We took a trip to Santa Cruz with the 2 kids and put in 3 folding chairs, a beach umbrella, 2 bags of snacks, sand buckets and toys. Packed tight but not uncomfortable. Love this car. Bonus is that we drove 79 miles and still had 15 to go when we got home even driving up and over the hill.

It really can be quite the pack mule, I recently worked on remodeling my condo. The little Spark EV kept transporting all kinds of materials and power tools back and forth like a champ. You can really fit a lot within the rear compartment with the seats folded down (make sure to adjust the headrest to get it completely flat). The hatchback entry is really wide so it makes loading and unloading relatively easy. I didn't even notice much of a power drain while lugging stuff around. My only complaint is that the pleather and plastic trim does scratch very easily, so you have to keep the surfaces protected with a towel or rubber pad.

Agree with others with regards to how much you can fit inside. Other than putting a full-size bike in it, the best I've done is to have 2 adults, baby in the car seat, pack&play, large/full-size stroller and clothes/bags for everyone for the weekend. That was pretty packed but included everything we needed!

Back