Airflow inside the cabin with fan OFF

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmikmik

I feel that I am driving close to a perfect car, but there's always room for improvement, right.

If someone have figured out the way to have fresh air coming through the vents when driving at freeway speeds without using the fan at all, please share.

In the car who's range is dependent on the level of the battery charge, every little bit helps. I don't know how may miles it will buy me, suspect not many, but still something.

See section 8-1 thru 8-3 of the owner's manual.

http://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...ip/Manuals and Videos/02_pdf/2k14spark_ev.pdf

Basically turning off the Recirculation button will allow for outside air to flow through the vents albeit at a very low amount. I do this usually after the A/C has been running and once turned off the air coming in is still cool for a while as the air is still cool in the vents.

I've been wondering about this myself, but what has really amazed me is how the AC doesn't seem to use hardly, if any, range. Unless I need to get cool air to someone in the backseat, I keep my fan on one bar. It's perfect for me and doesn't seem to drain range.

jsca72 said:
I've been wondering about this myself, but what has really amazed me is how the AC doesn't seem to use hardly, if any, range. Unless I need to get cool air to someone in the backseat, I keep my fan on one bar. It's perfect for me and doesn't seem to drain range.
I agree, it's barely effecting the range at all, but when you turn the A/C off you can see the percentage of the climate controls draw dropping pretty dramatically.
markcmann said:
See section 8-1 thru 8-3 of the owner's manual.

http://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...ip/Manuals and Videos/02_pdf/2k14spark_ev.pdf

Basically turning off the Recirculation button will allow for outside air to flow through the vents albeit at a very low amount. I do this usually after the A/C has been running and once turned off the air coming in is still cool for a while as the air is still cool in the vents.

As far as the actual air flow, it's not even minimal, it's practically nonexistent even at 65 mph. This is the very first car I ever owned that does it, or doesn't do what it should... I was hoping someone would have a better answer for me, or at least have one of the Spark engineers read this post, fat chance ha? :)

Back