Touchscreen Trouble

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nigelthelimey

Just recently I experienced the touchscreen going black, but the radio continued to work. This was a problem because I wanted to change my charge status to immediate to charge the car.
I was able to scroll through radio stations and change the volume but nothing else. I drove the car outside and luckily the screen re-appeared.
Today the screen remains black. has anyone else had this problem before? I have an appointment Monday at the dealer

nigelthelimey said:
Just recently I experienced the touchscreen going black, but the radio continued to work. This was a problem because I wanted to change my charge status to immediate to charge the car.
I was able to scroll through radio stations and change the volume but nothing else. I drove the car outside and luckily the screen re-appeared.
Today the screen remains black. has anyone else had this problem before? I have an appointment Monday at the dealer

I've not had the problem. Have you tried disconnecting the 12V battery, letting the car sit for a while and reconnecting? It may solve some issues.

nigelthelimey said:
... I drove the car outside and luckily the screen re-appeared. ...
It's an easy miss... but by chance do you have the light dimming for the dash turned down to the lowest setting?

If you got your screen back once you were outside, it leads me to think that your Spark "thought" it was in the dark previously, and was using the nighttime settings. Once out in daylight, the auto-dimming sensor (which alternates between daytime running lights and full-blown headlamps) switched back to "normal" and everything inside will go to full brightness, too. It would, of course, go back to the "night" setting once in the garage.

I know that I've noticed the MyLink screen appears to be "off" if auto-dimming sensor is coming from a dark environment, and I had the manual dimming set to the lowest setting from the night before (the driver information screen behind the steering wheel is always fine, albeit darker than normal). Once I rotate the dimming setting back to a brighter setting, everything is fine (it's near the Config button on the left side of the dash).

nigelthelimey said:
If you ever have a similar problem again, I believe you can plug in the charging plug, unplug it briefly and plug it back in, the charging should start immediately.

Back