Semi vs. Spark EV & I'm fine

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsca72

The other day I was heading north on 101 going up the Cuesta Grade in San Luis Obispo County. I was in the center lane of the three lanes going up the grade. I was just starting to pass a semi that was in the lane on my right when the driver unexpectedly pulled his truck into my lane forcing me to slam on my brakes.

The Spark did great. There was a small amount of fish tailing, but the traction control held the car in its lane. The best part was being able to step on the accelerator and having immediate response from my car instead of being stalled in the middle of the lane, especially on this steep grade. This kept me from getting slammed from behind from the cars following me.

What could have been a bad situation ended up being no problem. My little car didn't let me down!

Did you see anything or any reason why the trucker did that?
He didn't signal, but there was a very slow moving truck in front of him. He might have come up too fast on that truck and had to pull-over quickly. Between his vehicle and mine, maybe he knew mine would be the more maneuverable. ;)

Back