aviatorjames

Re: Official Spark EV service manual

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:47 am

solder wrote:I have smears on many even-numbered pages -- very noticeable if you view the PDF in 2-page mode and page down through the entire document.
...are the smears in the original paper document?
...or just the scan'd document?

If mine show up with crappy printing, I'm going to ask for an exchange.
If it's in your scan copy, you might ask for your buck back from dollarscan!
" ...someday's it's not even worth chewing through the restraints... "

solder

Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:21 pm

aviatorjames wrote:...are the smears in the original paper document?
...or just the scan'd document?

If mine show up with crappy printing, I'm going to ask for an exchange.
If it's in your scan copy, you might ask for your buck back from dollarscan!
Oh, don't worry. I convinced myself that it was a problem with the scanning (since it was the same place on the same side of the page, every time), and emailed them asking if they could double-check their scanning hardware before rescanning the books. I sent them a few example pages from their PDF.

They promptly dug through their boxes of papers, found the piles of service manual pages, found the original pages, and took a nice, clear cell-phone picture showing how the original pages are misprinted. They very politely apologized that there was not much more they could do :(

I figure, they probably printed how many sets of these manuals? 1000? All on the same printing press, I bet all 1000 copies have this problem. It doesn't interfere with reading the manuals, too much, but that's why I'm curious to hear if others see the same thing.

aviatorjames

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:01 pm

That's too bad the original manuals are poorly printed.
But it was sure nice of the scanner folks to verify it for you!
" ...someday's it's not even worth chewing through the restraints... "

Nashco

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:28 pm

My manuals don't have that print quality issue.

Bryce

solder

Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:42 pm

Nashco wrote:My manuals don't have that print quality issue.
Too late to return mine and get new ones, I suppose :(

bicycleguy

Mon May 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Hello, I'm a new 2014 Spark owner. I'm interested in the manuals. When you got yours did Helminc have this disclaimer?

"This manual is a digital reprint of the original publication. It is possible that this item will be in loose-leaf format. Any wiring diagrams in the original shop/service manual are NOT reproduceable and are no longer available."

Did yours come with schematics and routing diagrams? Without them it would be worthless for my interests.

I'm interested in adding another on board 3.3 kw charger similar to http://www.upgrademyleaf.com and or possibly figuring out how to use the DC input with a DIY Solar DC-DC converter.

solder

Mon May 18, 2015 4:25 pm

bicycleguy wrote:Hello, I'm a new 2014 Spark owner. I'm interested in the manuals. When you got yours did Helminc have this disclaimer?

"This manual is a digital reprint of the original publication. It is possible that this item will be in loose-leaf format. Any wiring diagrams in the original shop/service manual are NOT reproduceable and are no longer available."

Did yours come with schematics and routing diagrams? Without them it would be worthless for my interests.

I'm interested in adding another on board 3.3 kw charger similar to http://www.upgrademyleaf.com and or possibly figuring out how to use the DC input with a DIY Solar DC-DC converter.
No, I don't recall seeing anything of the sort ... and mine certainly came with schematics and routing diagrams. Need anything in particular?

refinerysmells

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:35 am

Found this option says you can view & print any part of service manual for Chevy Spark EV $29.99 haven't tried it yet. http://shop.repairservicemanuals.com/pr ... iod=1-Year

CSW

Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:32 pm

Nashco wrote:Final update on converting my paper manuals to PDF. Here's how I did it and what I ended up with:

1. Buy your manuals.

Bryce
can I see the part about how to remove the headliner?

Pegasus

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:52 am

FWIW, looks like they have the 2016 service manual in USB form for $100 less than the paper version. AFAIK, the differences between 2015/2016 and 2014 are gear box ratio and battery cells. (The latter may mean that the charger is different as well. Or at least the charging profile in its firmware.)

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”