How long is the free XM Sirious radio subscription?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of you guys subscribed after the 3 months are over?
I find XM kinda cool, but not sure if it's worth it. I have lots of music on my phone that I listen to via BT. For news I read on the web. I have about 2 more months to decide.
Thanks,

Time2go said:
20 months still working for me never paid for it.

Are you sure it is still activated and you get all the stations?
After three months you can still select any station but you will only get the trial one. If you aren't paying attention then you could think that it's still active but it really isn't.

I signed up but negotiated for about $36 for six months over the phone. It was $5 per month plus royalty and invoice fees.
I told the agent it just wasn't worth $15 per month and $5 was acceptable.
I sent them a check as I don't want any recurring charges on a credit card on file.

I did it for my wife's VW, too.

I get all the stations don't know why and at this point don't really care just hope it keeps working for free. :D

NomadMac said:
I signed up but negotiated for about $36 for six months over the phone. It was $5 per month plus royalty and invoice fees.
I told the agent it just wasn't worth $15 per month and $5 was acceptable.
I sent them a check as I don't want any recurring charges on a credit card on file.

I did it for my wife's VW, too.

It got a letter yesterday with the following offers:

6 months: $34.10 = $5.68 avg
1 year: $112.76 = $9.39 avg
All taxes and fees included.

Interesting to note that the longer term is worse.
I have another 1.5 months before the trial expires. I'm gonna wait, pretty sure they'll send another letter with the same offer. :mrgreen:

They just sent me a letter (as they do every few months) saying I could re-activate for $20 for 5 month (intro offer) and no re-activation fee. So that's $4 a month. I'm sure they are like the cable companies and if you hassle with them long enough you can get them to keep you at their lowest rate.

I've had my leased Spark EV since July 2013 and XM/Sirius radio is still working (all channels), I've never received any letter or email for extending the service. I will not complain or ask why either. :D

For some odd reason my subscription is still active. They cut it off after three months and then it came back on.

But frankly, I never use it. It would be a complete waste of money if I had to pay for it. It's really crap.

I Bluetooth my phone and stream SoundCloud.

Back