help with Bringgo and iPhone 6 connectivity?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d15b7

hey guys. I picked up my 2015 Spark EV 2LT last thursday and am loving it (340 miles so far!). my only issue so far is with Bringgo and USB connection/charging with my iPhone 6. when I plug in the iPhone using the USB port in the console, it quickly oscillates between connecting and trying to charge. once every second or so. I have to disconnect it or I'm afraid it'll damage the iPhone. second issue is that i've installed the Bringgo App (the 30 day trial for $.99; I wanted to test it before I went ahead and bought the $60 version -- I'm glad I did!). Bringgo is up and running fine on my iPhone. the bluetooth is paired on my iPhone and seems to be working fine (I can stream music thru MyLink and listen to it and control the songs from the steering wheel. plus hands free calling through MyLInk is working perfectly too). but I can't get Bringgo to work through Bluetooth (I can't even try it through USB because of the oscillating charge/no-charge issue) -- the MyLink display just keeps saying that there is no connection or that the app isn't installed. I've checked the settings in MyLink Smartphone, and everything seems right, all the apps have check marks next to them (Bringgo included). I'm not sure what to try next? anyone have this issue too?

thanks!
Todd

I too bought Bringgo (eval version only). For me, I need to connect the phone to the car via the USB connection for it to work. As a matter of fact, all phone apps, such as Pandora, also would only work with the USB connection. I don't know if everybody has the same experience.

I have a problem with Bringgo: I bought the trial version for $0.99. It supposedly has 30-day trial access to Premium Navigation. However, after 10 minutes playing with it, a popup window informs me that the 30-day trial period has ended. In reading the apps review, it seems like most people have the same thing happened to them. I've emailed Bringgo support, and I have yet to receive any response after a couple of days, aside from the standard automated "we received your email and we are working on it" email.

As far as the iPhone trying to connect over and over again, I had the same problem. It was my USB cord. I changed to a longer, different-brand cord and have had no problem since.

As far as Bringgo, I tried the trial version. I put in my closest Starbucks just to see how well the app would find it and let the app lead the way. Bringgo told me to exit the freeway about 30 feet after I'd passed the exit to the Starbucks. It hadn't even warned me of my exit coming up. I decided it wasn't dependable, at least not in our county, and just let the trial run out.

Try another Apple USB cord, I've had the cycling issue with a junky aftermarket cord as well. Also, Apple doesn't allow the apps to be used through the Bluetooth, unfortunately you have to plug in to the USB.

I tried the bringgo trial version and was horribly unimpressed. Unfortunately, GM never opened the development kit to more apps/developers as they originally intended, so it seems that crummy app is all we'll ever get for phone integrated nav.

Bryce

thanks for the help fellas -- I tried a brand new oem Apple cord and it connected up right away and Bringgo is online now. thanks again!

Back