Someone be so kind as to tell me the length of cargo area?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electryic

Unable to find this information because there are no EV sparks in stock anywhere around and I have been trying to determine this from images at various angles but to no avail.

If someone could possibly take a quick measurement in inches as to how much space there is between the rear window and the passenger seat pushed forward it would be most appreciated.

Basically how long of an object you can safely put in there (like a ladder etc) if you lean it up against the back of the passenger seat in the forward position and still close the rear hatch securely.

Having a real tough time trying to figure this out from photos and I am trying to find out if the space back there is much smaller than I think it is.. and there are no EV Sparks around so my only choice is to order one blindly.

(If anyone can do this quick... wanting the length if the object is about halfway up the back of the passenger seat... i.e. so it would definitely not slide forward and go through the windshield from a sudden stop.. Thanks in advance for your time!)

With the backseat down, it's about 46" to the back of the front seats. Now I can't give you a better answer than that right now because at this moment my Spark EV is toting:

• 2 large tubs (laundry basket size)
• 4 Home Depot buckets (all full of stuff)
• a torso body model
• a circulatory system model
• a large rolling cart (that's next to me on the passenger seat)
• and a few miscellaneous smaller boxes, tubs, and shopping totes...I'm a teacher and we just had a science night.
Now you would think this would have filled my car to the brim, but no. I had a clear view out the back window and all side windows and could have carried a lot more.

When the car is empty sometime next week, I'll try to get a better measurement. At one point I had to pick up a few 5 foot stakes and 2-50 lbs bags of sand. The stakes went between the two seats and were by my arm. It's not my preference to slide things between the two front seats, but it got the stakes to where they needed to be.

All this to say, this little car carries a lot!

jsca72 said:
With the backseat down, it's about 46" to the back of the front seats. Now I can't give you a better answer than that right now because at this moment my Spark EV is toting:

• 2 large tubs (laundry basket size)
• 4 Home Depot buckets (all full of stuff)
• a torso body model
• a circulatory system model
• a large rolling cart (that's next to me on the passenger seat)
• and a few miscellaneous smaller boxes, tubs, and shopping totes...I'm a teacher and we just had a science night.
Now you would think this would have filled my car to the brim, but no. I had a clear view out the back window and all side windows and could have carried a lot more.

When the car is empty sometime next week, I'll try to get a better measurement. At one point I had to pick up a few 5 foot stakes and 2-50 lbs bags of sand. The stakes went between the two seats and were by my arm. It's not my preference to slide things between the two front seats, but it got the stakes to where they needed to be.

All this to say, this little car carries a lot!

Thank you! This is a huge help thanks for taking the time to respond!

With the Passenger seat all the way to the front, I have 55" from back of the seat on top (not headrest) to the rear glass.

QVCxo2F.jpg

KingUltra said:
With the Passenger seat all the way to the front, I have 55" from back of the seat on top (not headrest) to the rear glass.

QVCxo2F.jpg

Thank you kindly, is that as far as it goes or is there also a latch that releases so you can lean the top of the seat all the way up against the dashboard? Or because its a four door thats as far as it goes?

Edit: I looked in the online owner manaul and I see that you can recline the seat all the way back, but it doesn't say whether the seat can be leaned all the way forward against the dashboard. Any answer would be greatly appreciated!

KingUltra said:

QVCxo2F.jpg

Just curious was that also with the passenger seat slid all the way as far to the front as it will go? (i.e. the lever below the seat that slides the seat forwards or backwards) Thanks again!

Yes, that's all the way forward on the lever under the seat, and the lever to adjust the incline

Back