Have you had the hood latch recall performed?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solder

Please post here whether or not you have had the hood latch performed, and if possible, why or why not.

I have not had the recall performed, mostly out of laziness...

I had mine done mostly so that I could complain about the wipers that came with the car.
Big streaks right in front of my eyes, and chattering.

Three months later I got new wiper blades handed to me. Now if I could get them to replace the valve stem cap they left off when they let the air out of my tires...

Had it performed at great hassle. Car was delivered Saturday with the hood recall open. Went back to the stealer on Monday and confirmed with the service writer that it hasn't been performed and that they give out loaner cars. Went to schedule the recall and the girl said they wouldn't issue a loaner for "12 minutes of work," suggesting I can drop it off and wait. Took an act of god to get a loaner.

ImTedBell said:
Had it performed at great hassle. Car was delivered Saturday with the hood recall open. Went back to the stealer on Monday and confirmed with the service writer that it hasn't been performed and that they give out loaner cars. Went to schedule the recall and the girl said they wouldn't issue a loaner for "12 minutes of work," suggesting I can drop it off and wait. Took an act of god to get a loaner.

That's a pretty short story compared to the marathon I had getting mine done. I've described it elsewhere, so short version: 3 trips to get it done. Still one less than getting the strut and emissions recalls done on my Volt though...

I haven't taken mine in yet even though they have called several times to have me come in....but I don't feel like dealing with it precisely for the experiences above.

I just had mine done this week. Mostly because they kept bugging me and since this is a lease vehicle I thought I needed to make sure to do all the required "maintenance and recalls".

At the same time the dealer keeps sending me emails saying, "your car is overdue for service: oil change and tire rotation" *snicker*

Dealer completed the recall work on my Spark EV this past February, also did the tire rotation. It was an uneventful experience. I did drop it off right before they closed and picked it up the next day.

Back