Overcoming wife's safety fears

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carney

My wife has been wavering back and forth on me getting one, but she's basically leaning against, especially on safety grounds, not only for me as the driver, but especially for our kids if I put them in the back seat. It wouldn't be the everyday family-hauler (we have a Chrysler Town & Country), but only for backup purposes, like say if she's stuck in traffic or something and needs me to pick up our boy from school.

I've found anecdotal testimonials from parents here, but are there verifiable facts I can use to help sway her?

There is no guaranteeing safety, but the Spark has one of the best ratings for compact cars. I often feel large-sized vehicles give drivers a false sense of safety. They have so much mass that when things start going wrong, there is no pulling them back from the brink.

I had a semi truck pull unexpectedly into my lane as I was starting to pass it on a grade. I was so impressed with how the nimbleness of my SparkEV got me out of a scary situation.

http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3921

I don't know how you drive, so I'm not getting between you and your wife. :D

Back