Chevy Spark EV cant or can become a collectible???

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evboy

I was wondering if a ev with 80 miles real world can go up in value in 7 to 10 years. Normally this car screams collectible. we know it will be discontinued in 2017 when the bolt comes out so it only had a limited run for 3 years. sold 1145 in 14 and over 2k in 2015. bottom line there wont be alot of these around but when you compare it to the nissan esflow 150 miles, and the bolt and model 3 over 200 miles, will this car look like a betamax that nobody wants. Does the 400 torque make this a special case and maybe this car will sell for alot more than 13k in 7 years. what do you guys think. THis is the nissan esflow for 30k in 2017. its zero to 60 in 5 seconds. How will the spark look next to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sNSAp0SrTk

Uhhh... that esflow is a concept and that video is from 2011. Who knows what Nissan is really planning for that in 2017? I doubt that it'll be "30k in 2017. its zero to 60 in 5 seconds" or ship at all, as a real product in that year.

As for "Does the 400 torque make this a special case and maybe this car will sell for alot more than 13k in 7 years"? Good luck w/that. I bought a 2 year, 1 month old Leaf SV w/premium package for $9,325 + tax and license (http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12277#p12277).

I don't understand the concept of "investing" in cars. They're a notorious money pit. And you take a huge depreciation hit when you buy a new vehicle (including motorcycles here).

I like to think these will become collectible for the reasons the OP mentioned, but in the way classic cars are: they won't have much value until 20/30/40 years down the road when they've obtained "antique" status. In the meantime, there's nothing stopping you from upgrading the battery capacity. :)

Back