Automatic Parking Brake Release...

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeSchmoe

I just discovered this functionality this evening. Very handy. Guess I should have read the manual more closely.

From the manual:
Automatic EPB Release
The EPB will automatically release if the vehicle is running, placed into gear, and an attempt is made to drive away. Avoid rapid acceleration when the EPB is applied, to preserve parking brake lining life.
In short, start the car, put it in gear, lightly tap the gas pedal and the brake releases itself.

JoeSchmoe said:
I just discovered this functionality this evening. Very handy. Guess I should have read the manual more closely.

From the manual:
Automatic EPB Release
The EPB will automatically release if the vehicle is running, placed into gear, and an attempt is made to drive away. Avoid rapid acceleration when the EPB is applied, to preserve parking brake lining life.
In short, start the car, put it in gear, lightly tap the gas pedal and the brake releases itself.

Hmmm...doesn't work for me.

Nor do the automatic brake lights when releasing the accelerator pedal in L or D at any speed.

Our salesman showed us this feature when we picked up the vehicle.

It is not immediate in it's response - so I never use the feature myself. But it is nice to know that it will keep my wife from burning up a set of rear pads (again...).

jeff

nozferatu said:

Hmmm...doesn't work for me.

Nor do the automatic brake lights when releasing the accelerator pedal in L or D at any speed.

Does the Parking Brake indicator on the display go on and off when you activate the parking brake?

It works as described for me.

kevin

IllinoisSpark15 said:
yes it does

And yet it doesn't go off when you press the accelerator to drive away?

Have you tried that - make sure it is in D or L and just press the accelerator. The parking brake should go off and let you start moving. Are you saying the parking indicator stays on after you are moving?

kevin

SparkMoore said:
Does this work for anyone when putting it into reverse instead of D or L?

Works for me-- pretty much that's what I use all the time.

Back