Diagnostic Refresh Failed App Message

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nj1266

I am getting a diagnostic refresh failed on the onstar app. My car cannot connect to the app for some reason. The Chevy volt has no problem connecting. It is only the Spark. The map can locate the car fine. It is only the diagnostic that is not working. Anyone had this problem? Do you know how to solve it?

can you post screenshots? Since you have the volt and the spark you might be trying to access a volt feature that is in the app but isn't available for the spark.

Saw it being discussed in another thread on here (within the last 2 days) and everyone else agreed that the app wasn't connecting and it was likely an Onstar problem. Just tried mine and it won't give me a status in Vehicle Diagnostics, either, it just sits there and endlessly tries to refresh until I kill the app.

"Unable to Retrieve Diagnostics
3:37 PM September 26, 2015
Activity timeout. Your request may still
complete successfully. (707)

Error code: Timeout"

definitely no recent upgrades on my phone (Samsung Note 4 running Lollipop).

Yeah, Onstar needs to do the reboot at the mothership.
But they're gone for the weekend.
And might not be back in the office until Wednesday. Maybe later....

Yeah, they've been "out on vacation" since last Tuesday. So much for their annual up time percentage. Clearly they don't correlate OnStar service performance with future revenue.

What if GM used OnStar to remove some emissions defeat software from their ICE vehicles, and they're leaving diagnostics off so no one can easily see how much their mileage has dropped?

;)

Dusty said:
What if GM used OnStar to remove some emissions defeat software from their ICE vehicles, and they're leaving diagnostics off so no one can easily see how much their mileage has dropped?

;)

Funny !!

Come on GM,, What about us? Your Zero Emission customers? You should show us some love! All ? 3000 ? of us ! (How many Spark EV's are there? Anybody?)

http://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

2013: 539
2014: 1145
2015 through August: 1977

Total: 3661

Is anybody else still having a problem with the status refresh? Mine is hosed and OnStar doesn't seem to have much to offer other than uninstall and reinstall the app.

SilentGreen said:
Is anybody else still having a problem with the status refresh? Mine is hosed and OnStar doesn't seem to have much to offer other than uninstall and reinstall the app.

Mine hasn't worked since 9/21.

Communication to the car is still there as it reports when charged and its position

kevin

Me too. Neither the app (iOS 9) nor webpage work. I spent some time with OnStar and they acknowledge they couldn't connect to the car and pushed some sort of update (I think) and said it should work. When it didn't, they also suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the app, which I dutifully tried but no joy. Come on guys!

The especially frustrating thing for me is that this is (was?) the only way to get any unmolested data on the battery's state of charge. The range number on the primary display is a very bastardized, read completely useless, number to assess accurate state of charge. I routinely want SOC data but am forced to get it through the internet!

I called on star more than four times and every time they tell me that everything is fine on their end. I have tried to connect to the car via the app using an iPhone, a Samsung S5, my iPad and it still does not work. I can connect with our Volt with no problems at all. This is definitely a Spark issue, not an phone/tablet issue. Onstar escalated the complaint to their level 2 and they told me to uninstall and reinstall the app. This fixed nothing. I have escalated again to level 2. I don't think they know what is going on.

As you say, it's definitely not the app!! The website doesn't work either. It's clearly an issue somewhere else at GM / OnStar. The only thing I can think of is that they changed some software for Volt2 compatibility and broke SparkEV functionality. Either way, they need to unscrew that and sort it out.

Mine and another friend has not been updating since 9/22 as well. We have tired ios updates and reinstall of app, nothing works

Curyousgee said:
Mine and another friend has not been updating since 9/22 as well. We have tired ios updates and reinstall of app, nothing works

Here is what I urge everyone to do. Contact [email protected] and tell them what is going on and link them to this thread. I did just that. I am hoping they will understand that this is a problem at their end. It is not the app.

Back