Highest mileage spark EV?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elpwr

This one has almost 40k miles. Still looks nice and it appears battery doesn't have much degradation - it's showing 69 mile range with 9 of 10 bars lit. Interior and exterior look quite nice for the miles.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2017&zip=34602&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&showcaseListingId=417609550&trim1=SPARK%7CEV&mmt=%5BCHEV%5BSPARK%5BSPARK%257CEV%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&modelCode1=SPARK&sortBy=mileageDESC&makeCode1=CHEV&startYear=1981&showcaseOwnerId=1151983&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=0&listingId=418254443&Log=0

The car fax shows absolutely minimal maintenance and no problems. This looks like pretty good confirmation that these hold up well and are mostly trouble free.

Mine has now been in service over 5 months and 5200 miles with zero issues. Love it!

Good to see. Someone is probably just getting rid of it because their needs have changed and the size and/or range isn't going to cut it anymore. I think this is a 2LT trim, right? Even still, that price seems pretty high...I know the Canadian dollar is really hurting right now but when you convert it to CAD, it's more than what I paid for mine (bought used), and it only had 1,400 km on it at delivery! I am at around the same mileage as you (7 months into ownership) and love it so far, except the crappy tires that I am planning to switch out in the near future.

The used market for these has really thinned out lately. Only about 30 used ones nationwide (USA)on the car sites - were about 90 cars a couple of months ago.

There are still at least a couple of extremely low mile manufacturer cars that haven't been titled yet and should be eligible for the tax credit. After the credit, actual cost on my 62 mile car (essentially new) was only about $10.5k. Maybe the best money I've ever spent on a car.

I'm eagerly watching the Bolt and really liking what I see.

And just a note: The GOM is not a way of measuring 'battery degradation'. It only looks at how the car was driven the last few cycles and then displays a 'Guess'.

NORTON said:
And just a note: The GOM is not a way of measuring 'battery degradation'. It only looks at how the car was driven the last few cycles and then displays a 'Guess'.

I'm aware of that. But it's about all you can go by when looking at a picture of the IP. And if it's estimating 69 miles at roughly 90% charge, the car probably still has a reasonable range after 40k miles.

I just hit 11,000 miles today after 9 months and totally loving the car based on the price paid (~$11.5k) for new 2014 2LT. Paid more than that for my 3 year Volt lease. Once my finances are in order and I'm definitely going to try to get a 2017/18 Volt as well.

Another way to check highest mileage Sparks is to go here:
http://www.voltstats.net/SparkEV

I see one Spark at 51,000+ miles presently.

That's great to see!

How's your car doing? Any service issues or abnormal wear? Have you noticed any battery degradation? Do you usually charge to 100%? Use fast charging often?

Back