jsca72

Iceland, the country for Sparks

Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:06 pm

I'm vacationing in Iceland right now, and OMG, I've never seen so many Sparks! They are all ICE's. Electric cars are just starting to be introduced here. I've seen a few Leafs and an advertisement for a KIA EV. The Islanders seem to love their Sparks. Too bad GM didn't choose to introduce the EV here.

Cheburashka

Re: Iceland, the country for Sparks

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:14 pm

This is what happens after total economic collapse.. everyone has to drive a Spark.

SparkevBlogspot

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:36 pm

They can get Mitsubishi Mirage that gets better gas mileage than SparkGas. Compared to Mirage (78 HP), SparkGas (98 HP) is a powerhouse. But I suspect the reason is something else, maybe Mirage is not available.

But SparkEV without subsidy is pretty bad. At $26K, there are lots of other better cars out there, though SparkEV is still the best EV bang for the buck.

MrDRMorgan

Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:38 am

jsca72 wrote:I'm vacationing in Iceland right now, and OMG, I've never seen so many Sparks! They are all ICE's. Electric cars are just starting to be introduced here. I've seen a few Leafs and an advertisement for a KIA EV. The Islanders seem to love their Sparks. Too bad GM didn't choose to introduce the EV here.
While vacationing last month on the island of Oahu in Hawaii I saw many Spark ICEs on the road, many with surf boards strapped to the roof. As a Spark EV driver, I used PlugShare to locate DCFC locations on the island. PlugShare shows 4 would work for the Spark EV and 6 more - for a total of 10 - would work for the Nissan Leaf. I did not see a single Spark EV on the island (not sold there) but did see a number of Nissan Leafs. Depending on the time of day, they have a flat $6 to $7 charge for charging.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”