Battery bars

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyrTwister

Watched a YouTube video of a guy that something like 40,000 something miles on a Leaf . He pointed out that the instrument display had a " battery health " indicator with " bars " . Kind of like the display of signal strength on a cell phone .

His indicator was down 3 bars meaning the battery was down enough to noticeable reduce his range , in miles .

Now , to my question pertaining to the Spark EV . Does it have a display to indicate pretty much the same thing ? If so , what are you all seeing on your cars ? How much loss in range ?

Thanks , :)
Wyr
God bless

WyrTwister said:
Watched a YouTube video of a guy that something like 40,000 something miles on a Leaf . He pointed out that the instrument display had a " battery health " indicator with " bars " . Kind of like the display of signal strength on a cell phone .

His indicator was down 3 bars meaning the battery was down enough to noticeable reduce his range , in miles .

Now , to my question pertaining to the Spark EV . Does it have a display to indicate pretty much the same thing ? If so , what are you all seeing on your cars ? How much loss in range ?

Thanks , :)
Wyr
God bless
The Spark EV does not have a "battery health" indicator and the displayed range number is affected by many variables. The most consistent number I have found is, using the energy information on the display, to calculate the battery capacity at set mileage intervals and where total battery usage levels are around 50%. This require multiple samples be taken at each mileage interval.

I think I have read there is an app for the Spark EV ? Android ? Will it help our in this situation ?

God bless
Wyr

Back