Help with replacement remote

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grigsby

Hi all,

I bought a used 2015 Spark EV LT2 w/DCFC that only came with one remote/key fob. (BTW, I love this car and have learned a lot about it from these forums, so thanks for posting all your tips and tricks!)

Anyway, I like to have spare keys for my cars, so I bought another remote online, had it cut, and am trying to get the car to recognize it. I followed the instructions on page 2-4 of the owner's manual, "Programming with a Recognized Transmitter," but it doesn't seem to work. After step 2, I expect to see "[t]he Driver Information Center (DIC) displays READY FOR REMOTE #2, 3, 4 or 5." This never happens.

Has anyone successfully gotten the car to recognize an additional remote? Is there a secret dance or incantation that I'm failing to do?

Thank you!

Scott

Having a similar issue myself. It never seems to enter programming mode. Got a hold of the local dealer/service and they said it has to be programmed in the shop. I don't think they gave me a price for it. Contacted Chevy customer service a couple times so far asking if this would be covered as a warranty item since the manual says it should work. Haven't heard anything back yet. I think I'll try Chevy customer service again.

The dealer's response sounds like BS to me. Why would GM include the instructions in the owner's manual if owners weren't supposed to be able to do it themselves? I like the approach of asking for it to be covered under warranty since it seems to be a bug; that's a good idea. I'll try it at my dealer here. Please let me know what you find out!

Back