Three Years In and All the Maintenance!!!

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsca72

Well, it had to happen! 3 years, 4 months of ownership and I had to do some maintenance on my car other than tires…I had to change the battery in my remote! This little car! So much trouble! :D

I was driving home and saw a warning on my display saying my remote's battery was at 0%. I was a little worried since I had about a 20 mile drive. But, I figured since my car was already running, I'd be fine and I was. The fob even locked and unlocked my car at the store where I bought the battery, restarted the car, and got me the 5 miles to my house where I had scissors to open the dang package.

I usually update how my car is doing each year on its birthday, but too much was going on in July so I didn't get to it. In fact my life has been so busy, I've hardly had time to get on the forum at all!

So here are my thoughts after three years of ownership. This little car still looks great and has no rattles. I'm impressed. I expected Sparkie to be showing some age around this time, especially since it was built on Chevy's least expensive car. Mileage continues to hold. In these last three years, the only thing that seems to have hurt mileage is tires. I had to put on two new tires and immediately saw about a 10% drop in range even though they were suppose to be low resistance tires. Now that the tires have some age on them, I'm back close to the range that I got with the tires that came on the car.

I toy around with the idea of getting a Bolt or Tesla 3, but I still like my little car so much I don't know if I will. Those cars will have to be a lot of fun to drive for me to leave Sparkie for one of them.

Thanks for the heads up on this horrible maintenance experience. :lol:
With that in mind, I will buy a remote battery and keep it in the glove box. I have a pocket knife in there too so maybe I can open the battery package!

jsca72 said:
Well, it had to happen! 3 years, 4 months of ownership and I had to do some maintenance on my car other than tires…I had to change the battery in my remote! This little car! So much trouble! :D ...
I toy around with the idea of getting a Bolt or Tesla 3, but I still like my little car so much I don't know if I will. ...
I too am looking at the Bolt, but this little 82 mile BEV suits my needs perfectly! It's such a hoot to drive!! :!:
I'm in the process of trying to wear out the front tires before the snow gets here, then I'll install the original 185's up front. They had 3500 miles when I swapped for non-LRR performance tires. I'm at 27k miles. So 23.5k miles on the tires. Better than some reports. But I rack up the highway miles with a +55 mile commute.

Back