Blank Infotainment Screen

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyMon

We've been driving our Spark EV now for about a month with a blank screen in the center console. It still turns on/lights up (blue) but nothing appears on the screen. We took it to the dealer and they said the part is on back-order. Not sure exactly what went wrong.

Anyone else have this problem? Any chance it could just be a loose wire I can find and re-plugin? It is frustrating to drive around without being able to play the radio, view climate controls (though knobs work still) and other info. Also can't make hands free calls, etc.

There is a knob on the left side of the steering wheel that allows you to turn up the brightness on the screens. If it is turned all the way down, the center screen will be blank under certain conditions. Turn the knob back up and you should see the screen turn back on with just a few degrees of rotation.

Or just turn the headlights off. The displays should go full bright.
If the center screen is still dark there is a problem. Time for a dealer visit.
Someone here a while back reported the instrument light dimmer pot going bad and making the center screen go dark. Twizzle the dimmer to see if that works.

I've had this problem intermittently on my 2016. Dealer says they will run a software update and if that doesn't cure it, replace the unit. It's been about 3 weeks since the last occurrence.

My screen flickered for a while, then went grey-white intermittently. Finally it went grey-white all the time, with some odd patterns of black and lighter lines that have not always been the same. The touch screen is nonfunctional and the center button that depowers it also failed to work. So driving at night is now difficult due to the bright light in the dash. Dimming the screen helped only a little. I tried depowering the car overnight (12V disconnected) for a cold reboot, and it did not help.

Back