TheLondonBroiler

Re: Sport mode not working

Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:28 pm

Never figured it out, mine still work in both Spark and Bolt. I think it's likely a software or hardware bug. If you have a good relationship with your local dealer and you're still within your 5 year/60k powertrain joke, I mean warranty (sorry, I'm still bitter about my local service center experience), maybe they'll fix it and not try to steal your kidney.

Personally, I only use Sport mode on a rare occasion when I'm fooling around. There's really no novelty and I quickly turn it off. This is coming from someone that drives hard too (979 Hard launches/accelerations in the past 30 days, ha) take that for what it's worth.
Edit: first image link was bad
2015 Spark EV w/ DCFC 46,XXX miles
Purchased 1/20/18 w/ 16,5XX miles
2019 Bolt EV w/ DCFC 42,XXX miles
Purchased 3/16/19 w/ 87 miles

ElDobro

Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:39 am

I went out with the Spark and hit the Sport button. The light came on, but I really couldn't tell much difference. Certainly not like Sport in the Volt.

matthew798

Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:53 am

evboy wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:04 pm
nikwax wrote:Sport mode is fun, I use it much of the time. Sport mode and L make for a very fun driving experience.
i dont feel a difference between sport and non sport. i just leave it off and drive in l
I just wanted to point out that always driving in L is not such a good idea as far as energy efficiency goes. The reason is because you are always better off coasting to a stop than regenerating to a stop. The regenerative breaking is not 100% efficient, so when you regen, you are adding it's losses to all the other losses of the vehicle (friction, wind resistance, etc...). Rule of thumb: Only use regen (L) when you can't reasonable/comfortably coast to a stop.

I use regen when in traffic or on city streets. Otherwise i'm always on D and benefit from the car's inertia.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”