Siri Eyes Free

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firemom233

I have a question about the Siri Eyes Free feature in my 2014 Spark EV LT2.

What exactly is the deal with it please? I have googled. I have watched the videos from Chevy. I have searched YouTube videos but mine does not seem to be working, or at least hardly ever. When I press the talk button on the steering wheel and hold it until the screen pops up on the center stack it hardly ever indicates it is listening for whatever command I want...make a phone call or listen to text message etc. I have probably attempted it 100 times in the week and a half that I have owned the car and out of those it has only worked maybe 3 times! If it matters, the screen does come up on the center stack like it is ready, it just doesn't give me the ping that it is listening. I have raised the volume, I have tried speaking what I want without hearing that and nothing works. I can use the speakers in the car while speaking on the phone just fine, it's the part about pressing the talk button to make a hands free call or listen or send text messages by the way.

I took it to the dealership to have them check it out yesterday and they said it was working fine when they paired an android phone with it. But I told them I have an iPhone 6 so they had someone else connect their iPhone and told me it worked fine for them too!

I am getting very aggravated with it and only have the bumper to bumper coverage until mid-July so I'd really like to have it working on a regular basis before then. I just want it to work as well as my Volt, which is a much more difficult process since it doesn't have Siri Eyes Free and I have more steps, but it sure works!

What am I doing wrong please? Am I holding the button down too long? Too short? Is there a step I am missing in order to hear the noise that it is listening for my command? Or is this an ongoing problem that I didn't see in any forums when I was researching the car?

Thanks so much for any help you could give. I am so frustrated.

Gina

Thank you so much, I just toggled that on and will be able to check it on my way home this afternoon but it sounds like you know that needs to be done so I am so very hopeful it works!

You are awesome!

Back