OnStar and MyChevrolet App Functionality

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernSpark

Just passed the 2 year mark of ownership of my 2014 (car has been great), and also the expiration date of the prepaid OnStar plan (I had the navigation package, purchased by the previous owner). I was under the impression that the basic OnStar plan would still allow full basic functionality in the app (just not the extra stuff - navigation, Wi-fi hotspot, etc.) To my surprise, I only have key fob functionality (no access to the vehicle status screen for monitoring range, charging settings, tire pressure, etc.) Personally I don't think it's worth it to pay $25+ a month just to get that functionality - interested to hear if others have opted into a paid OnStar subscription?

Yep, I just lost some of the functions on the app just recently.
But to me the important stuff still works with the car and the mychevy app.
I get a txt when the car is done charging and if some AH unplugs me. Both important with a BEV. Funny, I get both of those functions from the ChargePoint network also.

I'm not paying $25 a month for the fancy stuff. I bought this car to save money.
I can get up and walk to the door and use the key fob to 'Precondition' the car, winter and summer.

While it was nice to be able to check the state of charge through the app the features I lost were not worth anything close to $25. I just don't see on star as anything more than fluff.

I recently renewed my On Star subscription for my 2014 Spark EV mainly because of the phone. I like the car having its own phone number so my wife can contact me whenever I am driving or I can call for help when needed. Her 2015 Spark EV has the same thing.

Back