Crappy front tires question??

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evboy

i have 6400 miles on my eco tires. as u know, they suck and cant handle the 400 torque. i am too cheap to get rid of them for regular tires. other than a flat, i am stuck with them until they go bad. my question is: how many miles do u think i have to put on the front tires before the tread wears down enough so my traction control and chirping wont happen as much. im assuming as the thread goes down it loses the low rolling aspect of the tires when new which is causing all the issues.

It seems like "chirping tires" is just something we have to accept.
I did notice a 40% improvement when I replaced the rear tires with some Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S tires.
When the front tires wear out a little more, I'll be doing the same and replacing them with better tires.

I am willing to put up with a little chirping, as long as I know that it is not caused by a serious mechanical issue.
I think the car's stock tires are not designed for quick acceleration from stop.

I only get the chirp or traction control when my acceleration from a stop hits 60+ kW (2015). I have 23k on them and haven't noticed much of a difference. I still have quite a bit to go until I hit the wear marks (maybe 8-10k the way I drive).

It's rubber and asphalt. How much and how sticky is the question.

Would you prefer tire smoke with no TC?

You don't accelerate as fast making smoke.

"chirping" will happen even with stickier tires because of the high torque... embrace it. :)

What sucks more about the crappy (and they are crappy) front tires is the braking distance. Scary. I replaced with 195's touring A/S. Regret not going stickier.

Next time I'm doing 195 summers all around.

Back