How to play music files in car

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evboy

I c there is a smartphone option on the sparke screen. I moved my music files from my laptop to my smartphone. how do i play them through the cars speakers?

first pair your phone to your spark ev on bluetooth. then in the multimedia screen, touch the pulldown near the top and select bluetooth. then open the music player app on your phone and play a song. it should come through the speakers on the Spark and also show up on the touchscreen as current song playing and duration

I put all my songs on a USB drive and plugged it. That way I don't have t mess with the phone at all. Downsides:

Car's built in randomizer for shuffle sucks
Songs continue to play when in different modes (like using the phone) so you are not always on the same song when you go back to USB input.

I think you just need to remember to pause the song before you turn it off or switch to a different source

I shouldn't have to remember anything in what is essentially a smart phone with wheels. I can't remember to reset the charging mode. I set off the alarm in my house almost every day when I get home (always remember to arm, never remember to disarm). I have more important things to remember than whether I paused my music.

I wouldn't even care about the auto play if they just fixed the randomizer. I've got close to 2000 songs on there, but less than 50 of them make up 98% of the playtime.

Back