Chevy dealership electric certified?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbelGoddard

When I was in my Ford Focus, I remember that there were only certain Ford dealerships that were certified to sell/work on electric cars. Or maybe it was just sell? Anyway - should I be aware of anything like that for Chevy? Or would any dealer be qualified to work on my car? (I had planned to take it in last Saturday for the charging situation but the one I went to had short service hours on Saturdays).

AbelGoddard said:
When I was in my Ford Focus, I remember that there were only certain Ford dealerships that were certified to sell/work on electric cars. Or maybe it was just sell? Anyway - should I be aware of anything like that for Chevy? Or would any dealer be qualified to work on my car? (I had planned to take it in last Saturday for the charging situation but the one I went to had short service hours on Saturdays).

Dealership has to have a certified technician who has been trained to work on the Spark EV...or...the Volt (and probably the Bolt EV, now).

Here's what I did prior to purchase: I approached the Service Manager at my local Chevy dealer and asked if they would support me if I bought a Spark EV, and they said "yes", and they've been terrific! (Ellis Chevy in Atlanta). Erik is their only Volt-certified technician, and he is beyond compare.

Good luck.

-Bob K.

I had a pre purchase inspection done on mine at the local Chevy dealer. Said they had 3 or 4 techs certified to work on electrics and that the Spark would be covered.

Called the dealer the next town over and they said the same thing.

As long as the dealer sells Bolts or Volts I think you're good, but definitely check to be sure.

Back