JDapter - Tesla to J1772 Converter

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCIE

I have a thread on this over at gm-Volt.com, but figured I'd cross-post here in case anyone doesn't read over there.

I bought a JDapter from Quick Charge Power (Tony Williams) this week. It allows any standard J1772 car to charge on Tesla HPWC and UMC EVSEs. It does not work with Superchargers.

I ordered using promo code JDAPTER239, which brought the price down to $239. I ordered Wednesday, he shipped same day, and I had it on the other side of the country on Friday. The unit is very well made. He even included a small padlock to lock the JDapter to the car, discouraging theft.

I tried it out yesterday on my Spark with a Tesla HPWC and it worked great.

Anyway, if you're likely to run into Tesladesination chargers, check it out.

Nashco said:
"Jdapter" or "Jdapter Stub"? Appreciably different products, in my opinion.

Bryce

Sorry, it's the JDapter Stub. Tony Williams ended up saying the small JDapter he originally envisioned wasn't yet practical to manufacture. It may have something to do with some limited logic on the Pilot wire within the JDapter Stub that is required for certain Tesla chargers to properly communicate with J1772 cars.

In any case, the stub is small enough to ride around in my trunk unnoticed, so it works for me.

Back