Value of Spark EV has gone up

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evboy

i was checking autotrader to c where prices r since the floods in texas and hurricanes in florida. under 15k mileage cars r over 10k for 2014. there really isnt that much inventory compared to when i bought in Jan. I paid 9k with 4k miles. u cant touch that anymore. free gas and appreciation. best purchase of my life. anyone here that bought used a year ago is looking good. at worst u are break even.

man...I was looking for 2 months....I couldnt hardly find one under 12k with DCFC....They are not as cheap as once before for sure!

I also just realized ...I have 2 sceen names on here lol..WTF...I guess I goofed someday and created a new one.

In Northern California, you can still pick up a 2014 Spark EV with DCFC for $8K.

http://www.veracomford.net/used/Chevrolet/2014-Chevrolet-Spark+EV-2417f8010a0e0aea4a9cbb01cd720148.htm?searchDepth=2:5

Not bad at all!! I now remember why I had to have the pleather seats....those are so disgusting lol!!!!

But seriously that is a great price. If I had seen that I would have jumped on it since I like the color so much more than mine.

Although it does appear to be pretty beat up...lots of paint issues and the seats in the back are super dirty.

rkiyer said:
In Northern California, you can still pick up a 2014 Spark EV with DCFC for $8K.

http://www.veracomford.net/used/Chevrolet/2014-Chevrolet-Spark+EV-2417f8010a0e0aea4a9cbb01cd720148.htm?searchDepth=2:5
it has 27k miles tho and the bottom left fender is wrecked. mine had 4k with no damage. you are not comparing apples to apples.

I see a 14 2lt with 60k miles for $6000, how much longer is the battery going to last after 60k miles?

trogdor said:
.... how much longer is the battery going to last after 60k miles?
2 weeks.
That's always the answer to "How long" questions. :lol:

Have you heard about the EV power train warranty that comes with these cars?

This question is always asked of EV owners.
It's not like a 12 V Lead Acid battery where one day it's working and the next it's not.
It's a long slow Degradation. And this car let's you plot it.

So the question might be "When do you replace the battery?"

When you have a 60 mile range Spark EV? 50 miles? 40, 30?

I'm a cheapazz. I can see myself living just fine with a 40 mile range Spark EV. But then I have a great DCFC network in town.

trogdor said:
I see a 14 2lt with 60k miles for $6000, how much longer is the battery going to last after 60k miles?

Like the previous poster mentioned, the car has a 8 year, 100K mile warranty, so you're protected from complete failure until then. What is more likely is a minor capacity loss that reduces your available range. I'm hoping that with the excellent track record that GM electric car batteries have been having, the loss will be capped at 10% even after 8 years :)

my 2014 has about 57,000 miles, and the battery usable capacity is down to about 15.5kWh

In the summer, that gives me about 85 miles range, and in the winter about 75 miles (North California, 50% city, 50% highway)

i bought a second one for my wife, another 2014 in titanium with dcfc with 22k 10/2017 got it for 6900.00 off lease from dealer in moreano valley ca. cost me another 900 to ship to florida. i drive the other one about 500 miles weekly. the cars will be free after three years just on gas savings. i have a 14kw solar aray so i charge for free. i just love these cars and push them hard every day never had a single problem. i plan to drive them into the ground then look for a couple cheap bolts

two20142lts said:
..... i just love these cars and push them hard every day never had a single problem. i plan to drive them into the ground then look for a couple cheap bolts

+1

My plan exactly! I can live with a 40 mile range Spark EV,,, someday,,, long from now... :| .
The charge network is great in KC, so I could still do airport runs!

My plan is also to wait for the Bolt of my dreams. It must have new tech, like GM's version of 'Super Cruise'. So I may be waiting a few years. This is currently a $5000 option on some high end Caddy , I believe...

I already feel like I'm driving in the future. I want the next major step, which is here now on some platforms.

two20142lts said:
i bought a second one for my wife, another 2014 in titanium with dcfc with 22k 10/2017 got it for 6900.00 off lease from dealer in moreano valley ca. cost me another 900 to ship to florida. i drive the other one about 500 miles weekly. the cars will be free after three years just on gas savings. i have a 14kw solar aray so i charge for free. i just love these cars and push them hard every day never had a single problem. i plan to drive them into the ground then look for a couple cheap bolts

That is an insanely good deal! Never saw one even close to that when I was looking for 3 months!! lol. 10-16k same year and miles.

Back