NORTON

Re: Where do we all live? Sparks are dispersing.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:17 am

ToddJ wrote:... Anybody else having luck in drag racing Prius'.....
Your not going to find a sporty Prius driver. Those guys made a bad name for hybrids by driving by that dang display. Pinching pennies.

I dominate at the stop lights,,, usually.
3 series BMW are fun to dik with!
At the green light I'll stay just a few feet ahead, then when I hear their gasser start gassing to try to get ahead,, I may let them inch in front a little bit, then I drop the EV Hammer !! SILENTLY !! Except for the small chirps from my front tires! :lol:
Used '14 2LT w/ DCFC. +76 K miles.
Mostly free charging! Only one LONG visit to the shop....
GM needs Modern Troubleshooting tools for Modern EV's.
3 step Trouble Tree, 2nd guess not covered by warranty and cost $800. 3rd guess fixed the problem.

SparkyJ

Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:21 pm

Sacramento CA here, 2015 limey metallic spark. 2nd owner, car was from bay area region. I purchased in feb with about 17800 on the odometer, about 18900 on it now. Love it as a commuter, travel about 30-35miles round trip a day for about a buck in electricity, not driving conservatively :mrgreen: Fun little car! I'm not planning to do much to it but add 205's on the front and hit sac raceway for a bit more fun. Glad I decided to buy it, but do wish we had more numbers in the forums.

EGDriver

Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:50 am

SparkyJ wrote:Sacramento CA here, 2015 limey metallic spark. 2nd owner, car was from bay area region. I purchased in feb with about 17800 on the odometer, about 18900 on it now. Love it as a commuter, travel about 30-35miles round trip a day for about a buck in electricity, not driving conservatively :mrgreen: Fun little car! I'm not planning to do much to it but add 205's on the front and hit sac raceway for a bit more fun. Glad I decided to buy it, but do wish we had more numbers in the forums.
I'm also in the Sacramento area. I bought a used 2015 Spark with 17300 miles on it. It was originally from the Bay area. It came with fast charging so it took me about 2 hours from Fremont to Sac. The speed on this is amazing!

RSC

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Sonora, CA (Sierra Nevada foothills), 2015 1LT with DCFC, 16K miles. I bought the car a little less than two weeks ago from a dealer in Placerville and charged it up (for free) in Sutter Creek on the way home. The car was a lease return from Watsonville, so hopefully the battery hasn't seen too much hot weather.

The funny thing is that about a week after I got it I saw another one in Sonora the same color (Electric Blue). I waited for the owner to come out of the store and chatted for a bit. He's also in Sonora, or just east of it. We both really like this car.
Ray
2015 Spark EV 1LT, DCFC

NORTON

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:47 am

RSC wrote:Sonora, CA (Sierra Nevada foothills), 2015 1LT with DCFC, 16K miles. ....., so hopefully the battery hasn't seen too much hot weather....
Congrats ! You won't be sorry!

Even if it did come for a 'hot weather' area it would take leaving the car fully charged and not plugged in the sun in very high heat for any degradation to eventually show up.
If the car is plugged in, or running, TMS is keeping the battery happy, regardless of -5*F or 115*F!

Have you punched it at a stop light yet? !! Use both hands and smile at the Tang in the other lane!!
Used '14 2LT w/ DCFC. +76 K miles.
Mostly free charging! Only one LONG visit to the shop....
GM needs Modern Troubleshooting tools for Modern EV's.
3 step Trouble Tree, 2nd guess not covered by warranty and cost $800. 3rd guess fixed the problem.

CypressVH

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:58 am

Seattle, WA

Mine came from Oregon.

RSC

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:22 pm

NORTON wrote: Have you punched it at a stop light yet? !! Use both hands and smile at the Tang in the other lane!!
I wouldn't say that I've quite punched it, but the acceleration is definitely exhilarating and sometimes it's hard to restrain myself.
Ray
2015 Spark EV 1LT, DCFC

StEVen

Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi guys. Brand new here from Austin TX. Your forum has been a wonderful resource. Thank you. I ended up with a lime green '15 that was only driven about 324 miles a month, not a scratch on it. I'm not positive but I don't think the previous owner didn't DCFC much due to the cobwebs I found under the orange flap :) I was also smiling when I found a nice aftermarket level 2 EVSE in the hatch. A small bit of luck I guess. I changes the cabin air filter, put some speakers in and tinted the two un-tinted windows to match and I'm all set for now. My 10 mile total commute leaves lots of juice left for tooling all over town. Even here in the hill country I'm getting over 5.0mi/kwh so happy there too. I have only seen 1 other blue Spark EV here in town but there is no shortage of Leaf's and Tesla's.
2nd owner
'15 2LT w/ DCFC
21k miles
Stock front wheels w/ 195's on all 4 corners.
Sold for my next EV which is yet to be decided.

evolv

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:30 am

NORTON wrote:small chirps
Said no Ecopia tire ever. (More like little sneezes if you're lucky.)

I know many have upgraded. But has anyone posted their 0-60's with them? Have to think with any traction, breaking into the 6's becomes quite feasible. Or are we really that much slower than a Bolt? (And then of course there's the methodology issue...)

Would love to do it, but becomes a tougher sell to the management when your car just came with new fronts.

SparkE

Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:40 am

StEVen wrote:Hi guys. Brand new here from Austin TX. Your forum has been a wonderful resource. Thank you. I ended up with a lime green '15 that was only driven about 324 miles a month, not a scratch on it. I'm not positive but I don't think the previous owner didn't DCFC much due to the cobwebs I found under the orange flap :) I was also smiling when I found a nice aftermarket level 2 EVSE in the hatch. A small bit of luck I guess. I changes the cabin air filter, put some speakers in and tinted the two un-tinted windows to match and I'm all set for now. My 10 mile total commute leaves lots of juice left for tooling all over town. Even here in the hill country I'm getting over 5.0mi/kwh so happy there too. I have only seen 1 other blue Spark EV here in town but there is no shortage of Leaf's and Tesla's.
Living in Texas (where it might get very hot) I would suggest not filling your Spark (to full) every time you plug it in. By now you should have figured out about how many miles of range show on the guess-o-meter when full. So, just figure out 'about' how many miles of range you are comfortable with when leaving home, and fill up to that, not more than about 80% full. Yeah, it involves thinking about it, and a small bit of mental calc ("gee, it's showing 35 miles, and it normally shows 100 when full, so I want to add about 45 miles, and that's about 3 hours on the level-2 EVSE - I'll come out and unplug in 3 hours."). It becomes 2nd nature and really easy to do after about a week.

Keeping the range of the battery between 30-80% *in general* should help prolong the life of the battery. You shouldn't worry about it too much (say, if you fill to full "by accident"), but if your "default" mode (when it is easy) is to baby the battery, then your battery might just baby you over the years.

Some people say it isn't necessary, but my reasoning is that if an extra 15 or 45 seconds of thinking or planning or doing when parking the car *might* prolong the battery health, then it is worth doing even if it has no effect at all. Well, so long as you don't fixate on it - just try and do it most of the time.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”