Rotating rear tires to front temporarily-any real issue?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfam5

Apparently, I drive like a Grandpa and am the only one able to make the oe tires last. I'm at 15k on the odo with my 2016 and when I had her in for the software updates, my fronts were measured at 7mm depth, and the backs at 10mm. I'm trying to not have to buy tires before I turn her in at the end of the lease in Jan 2019. The standard at lease turn in is 4mm. I might make it as is, but want to make sure. My thought is to go ahead and swap tires front to back for a few months in the spring and summer. Since they are only 10mm different, my thought is that even though you wouldn't want to do this normally, temporarily, it may be no issue. Is there anything I'm missing??? I don't care if it affects the speedo, odo, range estimates, or even the steering a little bit, as I will put the fronts back before turning it in. Will there be an issue with the tpms? What do you think???

Thanks!! I thought that 10mm difference in tire size was no big deal (and it probably isn't), but the different offsets are such that if you do this, the car won't even move!!!! Guess I'll just have to see how it goes.....

Back