NORTON

Re: 7500 tax credit going away asap

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:00 am

evboy wrote:.... get rid of 90 percent of government and all its waste....
Says the guy with a public education and drives on government infrastructure daily.
Do you really think any of that Lib stuff works?

So, a factory moves in down the street and starts belching black smoke and puking gray sludge into the stream behind your house.

In your fantasy libertarian america you'd have the right to ........ Move Away. Correct?
'14 Spark EV 2LT w/ DCFC. 91k miles.
'17 Bolt Premier w/ It All! 59k miles.
GM needs Modern Troubleshooting tools for Modern EV's.
3 step Trouble Tree, 1st try, nope, 2nd try / cost $800. 3rd try fixed it.

evboy

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:30 am

NORTON wrote:
Says the guy with a public education and drives on government infrastructure daily.

So, a factory moves in down the street and starts belching black smoke and puking gray sludge into the stream behind your house.

In you fantasy libertarian america you'd have the right to ........ Move Away. Correct?
The states would have every right to stop that factory from spewing crap. I meant 90% of federal government. driving on government infrastructure with gas taxes as I said. lets not forget the 1 trillion in student loans that the feds caused.college should be cheap but since the feds will give as much money as kids can sign up for the colleges take advantage and raise the price to obscene levels for some worthless degree.

Planerench

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:50 am

NORTON wrote:

In you fantasy libertarian america you'd have the right to ........ Move Away. Correct?
My sister and I were educated by my mother at home at great financial cost to my family. My three children have never attended a government school. I hold a commercial, single engine, land, instrument pilot certificate along with airframe and power plant certificates with inspection authorization. 11k hours of flight time pilot in command and 25 years full time mechanic. I had no problem paying $150 per year in extra fee to my state for driving an electric car because that money will be used for road construction. State control is our salvation. We the people can no longer constrain the .fed.

I know I caught a lucky break with my Spark purchase. With no government influence I could have never afforded such a thing. I can’t reverse the circumstances that brought this to pass but I can take advantage of it with a clear conscience.

NORTON

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:54 am

evboy wrote:
NORTON wrote:...So, a factory moves in down the street and starts belching black smoke and puking gray sludge i....
The states would have every right to stop that factory from spewing crap. ...
OK, States can control their own pollution levels.
That's great because, as we all know, water and air pollution does not cross state lines!!

NORTON

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:13 pm

Planerench wrote:My sister and I were educated by my mother at home .... My three children have never attended a government school.
I hold a .... pilot certificate along with [other] certificates .... and 25 years full time mechanic. ... State control is our salvation. We the people can no longer constrain the .fed.
.... my Spark purchase. With no government influence I could have never afforded such a thing. I can’t reverse the circumstances that brought this to pass but I can take advantage of it with a clear conscience.
Job> With all due respect,, A GED was all that was need for this career field. I know. I'm there with you, but in a higher R&D position.
Home Schooling> Why??? From what I read it is usually to keep the children in a bubble of the parents' choosing. And we all now what the bubble usually is, right? Religion.
Gobmint> Should it be encouraging a clean, sustainable energy future? I think it's a great idea. In fact it should go further, like national net-metering. You know who lobbies against that?

Sorry for my smelly opinions.
I just can't understand why normal working class people get on board with this Libertarian jive. You know who ultimately benefits?
Where is it being promoted these days? That Faux network? The wackier corners of media? Do you ever research opposing views?

evboy

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:27 pm

lets see if libertarians or the crazy ones and u dems and repubs are the smart ones. we will use ron paul as our gold standard. Lets review: against Vietnam, Korean, and bush Iraq war. for gold standard and balanced budgets no drug war and no welfare. since we didn't listen to him we fought all those wars that people now say were wrong and expensive. we now have 20 trillion in debt since we went off gold standard and no balance budget. welfare is a expensive mess that has turned this country into a bunch of lazy asses and prison system full of drug users and drugs r cheaper than when the war started. dems were the reason for segregation and fought to keep it until they saw it was on the way out and started the kkk after the civil war and have bankrupted Detroit Chicago Greece and Puerto rico with their policies. lucky for the dems black people r such a dumb voting block. could you imagine if the jews voted 95% for the natzi party like blacks vote 95% for their opressor.

Planerench

Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:44 pm

NORTON wrote:
Planerench wrote:My sister and I were educated by my mother at home .... My three children have never attended a government school.
I hold a .... pilot certificate along with [other] certificates .... and 25 years full time mechanic. ... State control is our salvation. We the people can no longer constrain the .fed.
.... my Spark purchase. With no government influence I could have never afforded such a thing. I can’t reverse the circumstances that brought this to pass but I can take advantage of it with a clear conscience.
Job> With all due respect,, A GED was all that was need for this career field. I know. I'm there with you, but in a higher R&D position.
Home Schooling> Why??? From what I read it is usually to keep the children in a bubble of the parents' choosing. And we all now what the bubble usually is, right? Religion.
Gobmint> Should it be encouraging a clean, sustainable energy future? I think it's a great idea. In fact it should go further, like national net-metering. You know who lobbies against that?
Sorry for my smelly opinions.
I just can't understand why normal working class people get on board with this Libertarian jive. You know who ultimately benefits?
Where is it being promoted these days? That Faux network? The wackier corners of media? Do you ever research opposing views?
I am very conservative in my believes, but I am difficult to classify. If a state wants to legalize recreational drugs, I don’t have a problem with it. If a state wishes to prohibit the same, I likewise have no problem with that. People will live where they are comfortable and few have their toes stepped on.

Regarding school, my point was that the government schools value per dollar sucks and some folks are willing to sacrifice to do the job right, themselves. Personal responsibility comes before liberty. I move in circles of conservatives and progressives. Everyone has a point of view you can learn from.

I can learn from you and enjoy an electric car when most of my friends and neighbors would prefer a big diesel pickup! Peace friend!

Planerench

Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Norton, I gotta ask, from what you have read about home schooling? In the name of balanced investigation, how many differing inputs do you have on the subject? Early on my relatives thought my parents were freaks, then they thought they were lucky we turned out “normal”. Then they shut up when the second generation turned out normal as well.

Our home school groups perform so well the public schools have requested to average our national test scores with theirs since we are in “their” district. The backward hick thing is a progressive invention. I have known dozens of families that home schooled their children (on their dime btw) and the only weird ones would have been weird regardless of the choice.

The point of all this is different angles on the same issues. I love my Spark because it is efficient and my love is aviation and aircraft must be efficient. Beautifully executed transportation. It suits me. The tax credit was unconstitutional in my view. It deserves to die. Pay as directly for the roads as possible and eliminate subsidies for everything. The fed will be our undoing.

I have no problem with California giving away their tax money for their state goals. It makes sense to me. Your mileage may vary. ;)

NORTON

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:39 am

Planerench wrote:....... >The tax credit was unconstitutional in my view. It deserves to die.
>>Pay as directly for the roads as possible and eliminate subsidies for everything. The fed will be our undoing.
>The fed is trying to make the country a cleaner place for all. Moving away from fossil fuels needs to be encouraged at all levels. Of course we have fossil fuel advocates in gobmint so that is slow to happen.
The whole question of the EPA and Libertarians is where I lose all interest. Who do they think benefits when you slash federal authority? Ordinary working class people have nothing to gain with that whole weird theory.
So you think having a national Net Metering Policy is a bad idea. WHY? Who gains and who loses?

>>And NO TAXES. Pay as you Play.
We install a transponder in every car and truck. Have sensors on every street light, stop light, mile of road, bridge and public parking space.
Drive past a street light at night (only charged at night to be fair :D ) Cha-Ching - $0.01.
Drive over a big bridge - cha ching - $1.50. Small bridge in the hood - cha ching - $0.20
Each mile of limited access highway - $0.02.5

That's the Lib version of the future, correct?
The important thing is No Taxes, right?

Yes we start senseless wars, have 600 military bases around the world (why?), have prisons full of victimless criminals, etc. etc...
I wish voting mattered to change things. How can we change directions?

But this: "Eliminate the EPA and FDA and public education and welfare (let'em die in a ditch, right?), etc.",, in the name of saving a few bucks on your tax bill,,,,,
Well grow up and be a member of a civil society and not a cheap ass pinching your pennies by decreasing you own imaginary tax bill.
Do you ever look at standard of living and standard of happiness studies around the world? Taxes can be factored into that. We are far from 1#. Same with health care....

NORTON

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:48 am

evboy wrote:...... dems were the reason for segregation and fought to keep it until they saw it was on the way out and started the kkk after the civil war and have bankrupted Detroit Chicago Greece and Puerto rico with their policies......
OKaaay.... So it all started 'after the civil war'..... Let me guess your theories on that subject.... Never mind..... :|

Dang all this for a lousing, encouraging, 'Early Adopters' tax break just to get the EV ball rolling.......

We are so off topic,,,,, sorry. :oops:

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”