Winter Wheel Recommendations - 2014 Model

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernSpark

Looking for recommendations for wheels to mount winter tires on. Have not ordered the tires yet, but will most probably be 185/55/R15 Michelin X-Ice Xi3s. Was thinking just to get steel wheels, but if there are any decent alloys people have had good experience with, open to that as well. As the stock rims have a slightly different spec between the front and back, just want to make sure I order the right size/something that fits properly.

I called Tirerack a few years ago when I got mine and they claimed to have a steel wheel that works front and rear.
I quizzed then about the stock wheels being different dimensions and he assured me that blah, blah...

I never pursued it because, where I live, for some 'unexplainable' reason, winters are not as bad as they used to be and the few, if any, heavy snow events are really infrequent.
Worst case, leave work early or call in a 'Snow Day' !! :D

I have some alloys that are 0.5" wider and work front and rear. I have 195/50's for them. They feel great!!
They came with the wrong TPMS sensors and I drove around for a week like that.
So there is no problem with driving without TPMS is you want to go cheap for the winter.

Back