Turning in my leased Spark EV in 3 months. Gonna miss it

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muadib69

So I have 3 more months and I am well within my mileage allowance of 30,000 miles. The original Bridgestone Ecopia front tires are completely bald at this point (26k miles). Strangely the rear tires looks brand new. Everything in my car is in good shape with no dents. It has been repaired not too long ago for a bad ECU and was replaced under warranty.
I was able to read GM financial end of lease guide:

https://www.gmfinancial.com/Images/eol/GM-2016-EndLease-0716.pdf

It has a tire tread measurement guide..Tires have to be at least 4/32". "Manufacturer recommended tire size and speed rating, regardless of tire brand".
So I got 4 new pretty inexpensive tires that match original specs installed.

We are going to miss this car and just miss having an EV in our garage (as well as going to the carpool lane solo).. My wife actually uses it a lot more than I do.
Thinking about leasing the Bolt when we turn this one in but we are not 100% sure about that idea for now.

muadib69 said:
Thinking about leasing the Bolt when we turn this one in but we are not 100% sure about that idea for now.

Same story here, front tires had to be replaced about 8 months before turning it in.
Went with the Bolt, no regrets. Taking it on a 200 mile round trip today, not going to miss spending a half hour at the fast charger, especially since the restaurant there closed down. Whatever you do, DO NOT test drive a Bolt until you are closer to the end of your lease! We went in to "look at" them with 3 months to go and drove home in the Bolt...

Back