New Spark EV Owner

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrCoras

Hey everyone, I just purchased a 2015 Spark EV and I gotta say I love it. Much roomier than I expected and more than enough oomph for my commute.

One question I have is about error codes. Since the spark is still in the return period, I wanted to make sure I don't have a lemon.

After 4 days of ownership, the check engine light came on and the error codes I was given by OnStar are as follows:

P1EC4 The Lithium-Ion Battery is not performing as expected. An issue has been detected in the Battery Conditioning System which provides heating and cooling for the battery pack on your electric vehicle to ensure efficient operating conditions.

P1EBE The Lithium-Ion Battery is not performing as expected. An issue has been detected in the Charging Cable System that monitors and controls the charging station connection between your vehicle and the plug in connection.

On the GM oemdtc site, those codes are listed as the Powertrain Control Module needing updating. Is this a big deal?

Because the car was off lease, the bumper to bumper has just expired, but the battery warranty is still in effect. It's at the dealership right now and I expect a call later, but now I'm a little worried.

Thanks in advance for any advice/opinions!

Battery and Power Train warranty should cover it.

Try to get 2 - 3 charges to full,, and wait another 30 minutes if you are watching the green light like a hawk so BMS can complete its housework.

Sometimes a glitch in the local power grid will create a fault and a few charge cycles to full will clear it.

Congrats! You won't be sorry!

Back