Rear tire replacement time

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pegasus

Hey everyone.

(I tried to search for "rear tires" before posting this but got blocked by the too-common word restriction on searches. Moderator: can you lighten that up please??)

My stock Bridgestone Ecopia EP150s in the back are cracking so it's time to replace them finally at 48K miles. (They still have like 5/32 left though.)

Apparently 195/55R15 is an oddball size and I can only find Yokohama S Drive, the EP150, and Firestone Fuel Fighter as LRR options. Does anyone have experience with the other two? I read in another thread that 195/60R15 is easier to find, so has anyone tried that size? Does it fit?

(I have Yokohama Avid Ascends on the front but they're almost gone and I'll be getting Ecopia EP422+s to replace them.)

There have been some decent reviews of the Firestone fuel fighters here. That s what I plan to use when mine wear out.

I ended up with the Firestone Champion Fuel Fighters. With a 70K mile warranty, I'm sure they'll be better than the EP150s!

Pegasus said:
I ended up with the Firestone Champion Fuel Fighters. With a 70K mile warranty, I'm sure they'll be better than the EP150s!

Let us know how they are and if you experience any range difference after they break in for a few hundred miles.

CCIE said:
Let us know how they are and if you experience any range difference after they break in for a few hundred miles.

My results won't be super helpful because I also replaced the fronts with Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Pluses at the same time. (I had Yokohama Avid Ascends there before that were worn down.)

Pegasus said:
CCIE said:

My results won't be super helpful because I also replaced the fronts with Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Pluses at the same time. (I had Yokohama Avid Ascends there before that were worn down.)

I have the EP422+ in front, and plan to put the Firestones in back when they're ready for replacement. So, I would be interested in how that combo performs.

We already purchased extra TPMS for 4 wheels and plan to go aftermarket 15x7s with 205 50 15s this spring... I'll report back what happens!

Back