Idiots trying to tell you how little your Spark EV is worth.

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris101

So I threw up an ad on Craigslist locally here in Illinois for my Spark EV (not really in a must sell as we love the car but the idea is we sell it and upgrade to a Bolt while we still can get in on the $7500 tax credit before it expires after 200,000 units GM has sold).

Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm sick and tired of these belligerent people trying to tell me how my Spark is worth $4000 to $6000 and how it will never sell. This was the most recent email today (yes all caps as if to be yelling at me).

"GO TO YOUR CHASE BANK THEY WILL TELL YOU THE YOU IT IS WORTH $6000"

Before I had 3 people who didn't understand it was an electric only vehicle looking for a conventional gasoline Spark but I think now with the excessive heat, people are roaming the interwebs and enjoy trying to cause problems for people. I've had the ad flagged twice and had to repost it as well. Fun times.

Tell them you take no offense in them buying all the Spark EVs they can find at $6k. People either know what the car is or they don’t. Trying to educate someone interested in a regular Spark is likely an exercise in frustration.

Joe M in WV

Chris101 said:
So I threw up an ad on Craigslist locally here in Illinois for my Spark EV (not really in a must sell as we love the car but the idea is we sell it and upgrade to a Bolt while we still can get in on the $7500 tax credit before it expires after 200,000 units GM has sold).

Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm sick and tired of these belligerent people trying to tell me how my Spark is worth $4000 to $6000 and how it will never sell. This was the most recent email today (yes all caps as if to be yelling at me).

"GO TO YOUR CHASE BANK THEY WILL TELL YOU THE YOU IT IS WORTH $6000"

Before I had 3 people who didn't understand it was an electric only vehicle looking for a conventional gasoline Spark but I think now with the excessive heat, people are roaming the interwebs and enjoy trying to cause problems for people. I've had the ad flagged twice and had to repost it as well. Fun times.
Ask those "idiots" to log onto www.cargurus.com and see what the Spark EVs are really selling for.

The interesting part is I looked up the 2LT gas model (same mileage) and even it isn't worth that little for private party value... things that make you go hmmmmmm

JMenacker said:
Tell them you take no offense in them buying all the Spark EVs they can find at $6k. People either know what the car is or they don’t. Trying to educate someone interested in a regular Spark is likely an exercise in frustration.

Joe M in WV

I actually attempted to send a nice initial response essentially extending best wishes on their search after pointing out that $6000 could indeed be correct for base ICE Spark. I was bombarded with 3 different email responses that went as follows (yes again all in caps exact cut 'n paste as I received them):

1st Response was:

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TAKING ABOUT LOOK AT KBB TRADE IN VALUE IS $6100 I'M GOING TO LOOK AT A 2015 FOR $7900 TOMORROW AND ANOTHER NEXT WEEK. ALL I CAN TELL YOU GOOD LUCK"

2nd email 7 minutes later exactly as follows:

" WENT YOU LOOK AT KBB YOU WILL SEE A 2015 IS WORTH TRADE IN VALUE IS $6700 THAT IS WHAT THE BANK WILL GIVE YOU FOR A LOAN. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU PAID WAY TO MUCH FOR YOUR CAR"

and then the 3rd and final email another 7 minutes later was this:

" GO TO EBAY YOU WILL IS EV L2 2015 ASKING PRICE $8800 AND THEY DID NOT GET A BID I'M INTERESTED AT THE RIGHT PRICE"

^ Go figure I apparently made the mistake of responding kindly once as I now have zero desire to continue any correspondence with this individual. I'm honestly not sure if this person often obtains their goal by bullying but I just have no desire to ever meet this person in real life now much less sell them anything regardless of circumstances.

And just for kicks (because I had some free time on my hands), I scoured every for sale venue I could nationwide and just couldn't find a 2015 listed anywhere for $7900 and the only other listed Spark EV FS anywhere near me 1 state away and about 3 hour drive away has much higher mileage, less battery life remaining, plus nowhere near a $7900 price. The kicker is it was a factory buy-back due to an electrical fire so it would not have even been on my radar if I was in the market myself. Interestingly enough when we did buy our Spark EV back in November 2017, there was indeed a white 2015 Spark EV that was listed at $7900 FIRM at the time on craigslist BUT it had 48,000 miles on the ODO and was in an accident (listed on CARFAX was an accident and even the owner at the time admitted the entire driver side was repaired from being side swiped front to back)

Back