Missing tool from trunk?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidbike

Just last week I bought a 2015 Spark EV and all is going great so far. I have a question about the tools under the mat in the cargo space. To the right of the tow hook there's an empty space in the styrofoam that looks like it was for some kind of thin tool. Anyone know what that's for, if anything?

(Someone, maybe the dealer where I bought the car, left a tire iron under the mat, but it doesn't fit into that space).

Thanks,
David

davidbike said:
Just last week I bought a 2015 Spark EV and all is going great so far. I have a question about the tools under the mat in the cargo space. To the right of the tow hook there's an empty space in the styrofoam that looks like it was for some kind of thin tool. Anyone know what that's for, if anything?

(Someone, maybe the dealer where I bought the car, left a tire iron under the mat, but it doesn't fit into that space).

Thanks,
David
I checked my 2014 and 2016 Spark EVs and neither one has anything in the slot.

That slot is for an extension for cars that have a donut spare. When you use the donut and put the full size wheel in the back, you screw that onto the wing nut that held the spare down, so you can tighten the wheel down, since it's thicker than the spare.

32175811997_975dcbc1ce_3k.jpg
Here s a picture of mine. The open area on the top left is for an EVSE charger, I believe. The volt also has a storage compartment for one in the back of it which is what makes me think this, but it also has an area like this for a jack. I put a jack and tire wrench in that spot before I realized the whole styrofoam piece must be removed to put a spare in the back and allow the small lid to close all the way.

Was that the area were talking about?

33242424428_cbb70b6ea3_3k.jpg

Back