Something odd with both displays

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qrper

Gang...

on the main display, the one under the steering wheel, on the speedometer the top half of the digits are noticeably dimmer than the bottom half.

I also notice this on the info screen when the radio is off and only the time is display. Again, the top half of all the LARGE digits are dimmer than the bottom half.

Any comments or thoughts? Is this normal and I've only noticed it? Only had the car for a week.

thanks.

mike

I don't know whether this is normal or not, but I see this too. I think it's been that way since I got the car in September.

You can see this if you look at the pictures of the instrument cluster in the official GM "Getting to Know Your 2015 Spark EV", so yes, this is probably normal.

The other day, I stopped by the local chevy dealer. I asked the service man if they had a 'certified' EV car tech. They did. They employ one guy. Okay, that's cool. There can't be too much demand for one here in ohio.

Anyway I talked to the service manager, and he wanted to see what I was talking about.

He looked at the display and told me that, 'that's normal' for that display.

I showed him the display on the info screen (the one with the radio) and the time numbers show the same dimming on the top half. He went on to say chevy did that to prevent glare. I don't know if I'm buying that story, but who was I argue with him?

Back